• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Jordan Graham

Really sad news and a signal for the end of the season to just rapidly come now. He was exciting, played with imagination and unpredictable - genuinely the closest we have saw to the kind of impact Sako gave us.

Am I alone in going to games recently, just to see him?

Nope. In fairness at Home this year the bar is low pmsl

Bugger, hope he gets back to full fitness and retains the form he's shown. Better get another winger, we must be down to about 6 by now

I don't think you read my post properly. I'm bemoaning the quality of the squad. At the start of the season, we had adequate depth in terms of numbers for a championship squad. Injuries and a lack of quality and form has shafted us royally.

And crucially, the poor recruitment means that our squad is poorer now than it was 12 months ago. And I don't understand the reluctance to play Wallace/Byrne.
The numbers were never right, the squad lacked balance.

1 senior keeper, 6 defenders (half of them with questionable seniority) and 2 senior forwards.

Really sad news, he was on the up..hopefully he can come back stronger..we just need to play this season off now and finish midtable..would be great with a new owner before the summer window

I don't think you read my post properly. I'm bemoaning the quality of the squad. At the start of the season, we had adequate depth in terms of numbers for a championship squad. Injuries and a lack of quality and form has shafted us royally.

And crucially, the poor recruitment means that our squad is poorer now than it was 12 months ago. And I don't understand the reluctance to play Wallace/Byrne.

Ah OK. Then when you start with I disagree what you mean is you agree,pmsl. No worries. Fwiw this season was predicted a clusterfuck and its been just that

What a blow for him and the club. Hope he comes back even better, he's been the best thing this season.

Really sorry for the lad (& us) - not a seasoning defining injury as suspect that we are now where we are likely to end up anyway, but he was one of the few that I looked forward to seeing play when I came up for the game

Season-defining for me I think. One bright spot I was looking forward to. Sadly, the urge to go to the ground is diminished once more.

Season-defining for me I think. One bright spot I was looking forward to. Sadly, the urge to go to the ground is diminished once more.

Agree with that - one of the few I looked forward to seeing play, but not season defining for the club as think we will end up roughly where we are still - just hope for his career that he recovers well as doesn't always happen

Zyro i would like to see live, you people that have watched him live, whats your opinion? Also would like to see wallace as a nr 10

I only saw him on Saturday, not Tuesday, so difficult to judge as the service into him was awful. My initial reaction is that he doesn't look like a natural number 9, he didn't seem to instinctively make the runs that say a Dicko would. If we are to continue trying 433 then one of the wider positions would suit him better. Those who went on Tuesday may disagree though.

I only saw him on Saturday, not Tuesday, so difficult to judge as the service into him was awful. My initial reaction is that he doesn't look like a natural number 9, he didn't seem to instinctively make the runs that say a Dicko would. If we are to continue trying 433 then one of the wider positions would suit him better. Those who went on Tuesday may disagree though.

No, I went on Tuesday and I'd agree with that. He got caught a number of times trying to play the offside trap, you could tell that he'd never played there before.

He looks a decent finisher and a good footballer, but the lack of a focal point up top really cost us any chance of getting back into the game once it went 3-1. I don't think he's a proper short term solution as a central striker let alone looking longer term.

He looks a decent finisher and a good footballer, but the lack of a focal point up top really cost us any chance of getting back into the game once it went 3-1. I don't think he's a proper short term solution as a central striker let alone looking longer term.

He doesn't look like a wide player either though but we haven't seen him there yet so who knows.

He doesn't look like a wide player either though but we haven't seen him there yet so who knows.

Destined to be the latest big man to be forced into the 10 role by Ken. Hopefully he's better at it than his predecessors.

Destined to be the latest big man to be forced into the 10 role by Ken. Hopefully he's better at it than his predecessors.

To be fair he looks comfortable on the ball and is dangerous in front of goal. He looks for those little passes around the box so who knows. From what i have seen so far he's not got that change of pace that is really needed to play out wide especially for us and his right foot doesn't look great so playing centrally seems more likely. Against Fulham he looked like a striker always looking to get in between defenders and on the shoulder quite often but i agree not so much on Saturday although Cardiff weren't as open and our service and support of him was pretty poor.

As opposed to the latest #10 forced wide by Ken.

I think Zyro will end up a Johnny Russell type and I hope he'd be good at it, admittedly this is based on very limited viewing of him. We would of course need a centre forward that doesn't break to do this. Next season with Zyro - Dicko/ Siggy - Byrne as your front three and a new manager may very well work wonders.

Back