• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

Maybe the short memories that lead voters to think of vaccines not high death rates and multiple other fuck ups over Covid will apply to Brexit and by the time of the next election it will be low on the agenda. If Johnson survives the investigation into his dodgy flay refurbishment I think he'll go for an election well before his five years are up. Probably the only real hope is Johnson gets booted out and a traditional slime ball Tory who lacks the popular appeal he undoubtedly has takes over.

a) jingoism
b) isolationism
c) selfishness, both in your local community and wider afield
d) the notion of superiority
Come on TT, it's the rule of three...
Need to combine b&c somehow.

Labour's Jo Anderson elected mayor of Liverpool, replacing Labour's Joe Anderson.

9BA25C02969A49D3D143C85D5C35DFF779640A49

Calling for PR is fanciful. Even if you managed to get it sponsored through a Private Members Bill it'd get smashed. Clegg had his chance there, but chose the seduction of power over holding out for a true alternative that people could get behind.

"To show it wants to change, Labour should call a “refounding process” to which all its members are invited. It would reset the party’s purpose and direction"

It'd be civil war !

Calling for PR is fanciful. Even if you managed to get it sponsored through a Private Members Bill it'd get smashed. Clegg had his chance there, but chose the seduction of power over holding out for a true alternative that people could get behind.
Nick Clegg. Fuck me. That's a box set right there.

Andy Burnham back in as Mayor for Greater Manchester and increases his share of the vote (up to 69% from 63%).

How loud will the calls for him to become Labour leader be

Raynor removed as Party Chair and Campaign co-ordinator. Seems to have gone down well...

It's another Corbyn purge, but that's not the issue here

They need to bin off the momentum lot. Being far left in a polarised political climate is unelectable. The centre ground is needed to have a chance of anything.

I'm really not sure. This isn't me with a Corbyn hat on or anything like that, I just think that if they continue to try to take the centre ground they will just continue to stand for absolutely nothing.. I couldn't tell you a Starmer policy. The left leaning voters won't vote for them, and anyone voting Tory already has no reason to really vote for them.

I don't really know the answer though because we saw what happened when there was a very left wing leader of the party (though let's be honest it was decided from the very start he wasn't really going to be given a chance).

I think this country is largely just a very right wing one, and mostly selfish at that too.

Daft to make any permanent changes so soon.

They need to bin off the momentum lot. Being far left in a polarised political climate is unelectable. The centre ground is needed to have a chance of anything.
They aren't in any way far left, neither was Corbyn for that matter. What they are is London centric with a leader with a knighthood, they feel disconnected and elitist. Raynor is someone with a real life story and if given a more prominent platform could actually connect with the electorate. Binning her shows nothing is being learnt, he can't remove her from the Deputy Leader position, so all it's doing is creating greater division. Somehow Boris Johnson is seen as more in touch with real people than the Labour Party

Back