• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

That's not feasible. The voters they have lost and need to win back are very pro Brexit. One of the main things working against them is the view that they and specifically Starmer are anti.
Nobody in that demographic believes Brexit isn't working. If anything it is, if your main driver was to see less people from the EU over here

Last edited:
That's not feasible. The voters they have lost and need to win back are very pro Brexit. One of the main things working against them is the view that they and specifically Starmer are anti.
Nobody in that demographic believes Brexit isn't working. If anything it is, if your main driver was to see less people from the EU over here
Not a brexiteer myself but I'm not sure most of this is wholly true, think most people can see that it hasn't been handled well and Starmer could have at least tried to come up with a plan.
Of course some people fall into the categories you mention but you seem to be suggesting that all people who voted for brexit are rabid, extreme right wing racists.......they aren't.

They're on the same side as rabid, extreme right wing racists though.

I'm not ever going to support any party that "gets behind" Brexit, sorry. It's one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard.

They're on the same side as rabid, extreme right wing racists though.

I'm not ever going to support any party that "gets behind" Brexit, sorry. It's one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard.
Its not about getting behind brexit though is it, its about making the best we can of it.....you're suggesting you'd support a party that tried to take us back into the EU? Never gunna happen unfortunately.

I vote for the Greens and have done for about 10 years now. I'm not sure what their explicit policy is on re-entering the EU but I suspect they'd probably want to in the non-existent position of them actually being in power.

I don't want to "make the best of it", I want to kick out the wankers who somehow made it happen as it's stupid.

Out of interest, what affect has Brexit had on people? On a personal level I can’t say it’s had any effect. Shipments took a bit longer around January time but that’s about it really.

you seem to be suggesting that all people who voted for brexit are rabid, extreme right wing racists.......they aren't.
I'm not suggesting that. I am saying that the vast majority voted Brexit based on a notion of exceptionalism. That covers a very broad spectrum from my MIL's we were fine beforehand, we don't need them, to the National Front, to the hedge funds owners who took short term positions on the pound, to those who had been convinced that their lives were shitty because of the EU.

None of those people are yet in the space where Brexit isn't working

Exports are completely fucked.

When live music starts, that's fucked too.

Enjoy airports when we get to travel properly again.

Otherwise great.

What effect is issues with exports having on the average Joe? I don’t know, what the issues are, is it just delays at the border or more than that?

What effect does it have on live music? I’m not a live music kind of person so have no idea.

Not sure the airports thing will be that big a deal either.

I voted remain, no real reason why though. Just seemed “if it’s not broke”. Was told the “economy would be ruined” without really knowing how that would impact me, if at all. So genuinely just interested to try to know more.

It's a financial thing with exports, we don't have a proper deal at all (despite what the fat cunt says) so it's not economical to ship things as previously. Can't pass those costs on to the consumer so it's all over essentially for a lot of sectors.

Bands can't tour any more as it stands, similar issue.

Airports will be, believe me! Just hardly anyone has flown anywhere for over a year. When they're back to near normal capacity it'll be a horror show.

Yeah I get fisherman etc all got a bit fucked over as I saw the “if I knew it would be like this I’d have voted remain” sob story’s.

Not having the airports though. It’s all e-gates over here so returning will be no different. Going abroad, not a regular EU traveller tbf. But couple of stamps in a passport meaning less time waiting for my bags?

Ever seen the non-EU queue at a UK airport?

It takes a fucking age. So it's that, multiplied many times over, every single time you fly from here to the EU. You'll be fine this end. It's when you get there.

We could easily sort this to be honest but Johnson's mate David Frost is incredibly pigheaded and stupid, so we won't for a while.

Simply put if you've ever been to America, that's what it's going to be like going to an EU country

Simply put if you've ever been to America, that's what it's going to be like going to an EU country
Last trip to USA, 2 fookin hours to get through security. That meant we hit LA rush hour by the time we collected our car. Another 2+ hours to drive 17 miles.

Last trip to USA, 2 fookin hours to get through security. That meant we hit LA rush hour by the time we collected our car. Another 2+ hours to drive 17 miles.
I did 3.5 hours in Orlando once. Never done less than 1.5 getting through JFK

Out of interest, what affect has Brexit had on people? On a personal level I can’t say it’s had any effect. Shipments took a bit longer around January time but that’s about it really.

Not directly but my other half (like DW) studied German (and French) at uni, a crucial part of MFL studies is the Erasmus programme where they can take their skills and really develop themselves living and studying with native speakers... my other half spent her year in Germany and France. Students are no longer eligible for Erasmus as its an EU initiative. The government have introduced the Turing scheme but unlije Erasmus this doesn't include tuition fees and has extended it to include schools, so some spotty cretin from Harrow gets to go off and do 6 months before uni but the lass from a South Derbyshire council estate can't. Working class learners are shafted they'll leave university with worse language skills than my SO or Dan.

Those graduates then are completely unemployable or the careers they go into, translation are watered down. If they become teachers the cycle repeats with pupils taught poorer standards etc

Well yes. But I thought that was more because they are worried about about illegals coming in, plus they are more bothered about getting the UK people through. Surely in “insert British tourist hotspot airport here” they will have more people manning the “non EU” queue if they know there 4 flights from the UK coming in within 20 minutes. Particular as there’s now c. 1000 people less in the EU queue at that time. Maybe I’m being optimistic.
Been once when I was a kid, can’t remember it.

I remember.

"Let me know when you get there"
"Ok, no bother"

pQlc93brW0oo.gif

JFK I did in 35 mins, 5 years ago.

LA was just nuts. Some electronic check in then get in a frigging queue. Hoping Atlanta is better going when I finally get there

Back