• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

Why not. It's free.

Okay - let's look at a couple of nuts and bolts there:

I would think JC may have been PM now if it wasn't for Brexit

This is wrong on so many levels that the only people that seem to believe it are you and Corbyn himself. The fool still referred to it as the Brexit election this week. it wasn't. It's idiocy to believe that the labour heartlands fucked off over Brexit.

People on the doorstep cited Brexit and distrust of Corbyn as the main reasons for not voting Labour. He was too Remain to catch Leavers and too Leave to hoover up Lib Dems. They also thought he was a terrorist/communist/racist/thick/scruffy/paedo/satan etc.

I didn't mean he was a Trotskyite, that came across wrong I meant he was more fair than your average labour voter, I meant no disrespect to label him 'left'.
I honestly believe the country needs a balance, you need a moral value of Labour but you also need a capitalist values of the Tories.
And we're not defending the Tories just consider I'm providing balance, as you are well aware this is a labour dominated site and if the Tories deserve calling out then so be it, but you read things on here that are part of a larger agenda and undeservedly so, You cannot expect to type 'The bastards are trying to kill us' and not expect to get called out on it, As I've said before he current situation (Coronavirus) is not a political whipping tool and should be judged in accordance with other countries, if we are comparable then obviously they weren't aiming to kill us all ?

This is where I am too Paul. Starter came out fighting this morning by calling the government out on mistakes being made. Hancock has already admitted that in a presser last eeek.

New's the opportunity for both parties to get this right. I'd have liked to see Starmer call for a government of National Unity this morning rather than snipe at the government.

This is where I am too Paul. Starter came out fighting this morning by calling the government out on mistakes being made. Hancock has already admitted that in a presser last eeek.

New's the opportunity for both parties to get this right. I'd have liked to see Starmer call for a government of National Unity this morning rather than snipe at the government.

Where was that Johnny? Thought his interview wasn’t until later?

let me make this clear...I am Apolitical, i think there may be benefits in both left and right but believe nearly all politicians are self serving wankers!

However, i think that if Starmer can route out the many mini parties and alternate views so strong within the labour party, he may well have a lot to bring to the table.
Corbyn for me was just wrong in so many ways, and lacked the strength to deal with the antisemetists and hippy left within his party, and was as much use as a one legged man at an arse kicking party re brexit.
Britain needs two strong parties not one racehorse and a donkey and i sincerely hop Starmer can at least achieve that position for labour.

On the BBC website.

Where? Link it rather than making insinuations.

0e826126be9d455a3daace4faf41483f.jpg
This is his article in the Times today. All rather reasonable isn’t it?

Wind your neck in and go on the BBC website. It's in front of you.

The relevant part as the above is quite difficult to read
45f4089cae8c21bb41cadee7c1b72ac4.jpg

Wind your neck in and go on the BBC website. It's in front of you.

How about providing substance rather than jumping to attack. From a search on the BBC. Pick one and I will paste for you:
69263da755ac76c5275b5b4b9b9add08.png

Came across well and reasonable on Marr:
Labour’s newly-elected leader, Keir Starmer, told Andrew Marr that his party would ask the government “difficult questions” amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“I think this would be difficult for any government. I do think there have been mistakes along the way”, he said.

Starmer said he did not think it was worth “picking over” the herd immunity approach that the government disputes ever considering.

But, he added: “we were then slow in testing, the equipment that’s needed on the frontline isn’t there.”

“But I want to be very, very clear that I’m going to engage constructively with the government.

“I spoke to the prime minister yesterday and said to him that I mean what I say about constructive engagement.

“We’ve all got a duty here to save lives and protect our country and the Labour party under my leadership will ask difficult questions but only for the purpose of pointing out mistakes so they can be put right.”

If Boris is as ill as the Times seems to be insinuating this morning we may be into government of national unity territory very soon.

Starmer was superb on Marr this morning. Beefed out the reported stuff from yesterday with constructive suggestions and plans forward.

No waffle but actual actions and clarity. So different to both Corbyn and Johnson.

Came across well and reasonable on Marr:

If Boris is as ill as the Times seems to be insinuating this morning we may be into government of national unity territory very soon.

Credit to both men for having a plan and setting a working relationship.

Very promising so far. Hopefully he puts Yvette Cooper in the shadow cabinet somewhere.

Just caught up with Marr from the morning.

I'll freely admit I'm biased as I voted for Starmer but fuck, it's nice to have some coherence and direction in our politics (whether that is red/blue/unicorn)

Look forward to seeing the Shadow Cabinet announced later.

A steady pair of hands, and a seemingly sensible challenge to the government when needed, and support when that is appropriate. Looks good already.

SKS being head of the CPS when 4 counts of abuse alleged at Savile weren't prosecuted due to insufficient evidence is the latest stick which the RWP + the Far left have found to beat him with.

As expected he will focus on those who are low paid, on public services and those that have more will fund this. Seems a good plan but much the same as JC so the devil will be in the detail. Hope he assembles a cabinet on merit, on capability - rather than labels etc.

As expected he will focus on those who are low paid, on public services and those that have more will fund this. Seems a good plan but much the same as JC so the devil will be in the detail. Hope he assembles a cabinet on merit, on capability - rather than labels etc.
Well he's binned Lavery so that's a decent start

Back