• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

He's perfectly balanced there. A chip on both shoulders.

"Waitrose customers" FFS. Sorry Owen, which supermarkets am I allowed to use and also keep any vestige of left-wing credentials?

Embarassing to see what Owen Jones has become. Like a leftie Pier Morgan.
Increasingly these commentators of left and right have nothing to say. They're just caricatures now shouting the loudest to be heard.

I can see the tide turning where Trumpism is dieing and with it the noise of Fox news and other scumbag channels in favour of actual experts who can solve the current cost of living crisis.

Jones is saying that Starmer lied to get elected as Labour leader. Correct.

He's also saying some people don't care about this as they don't regard anyone on the left to be a legitimate political actor. Correct.

He's using Waitrose as shorthand to indicate a particular type of person. In the way you might talk about the sort who likes Mrs Brown's Boys or Mumford & Sons.

I occasionally shop at Waitrose.

Ash Sarkar does a far more credible Owen Jones than Owen himself does. I quite like her.

The Labour Party still struggles to define itself and is as split as ever. As such I think his Waitrose quip is actually quite clever.

This is beautiful. Anybody in a blue suit worries me.

The first 30 seconds of this makes me seethe. Turns up massively late with a shit excuse and didn't bother calling ahead, then behaves like an absolute fucking wanker.

Dignity, Owen. Always dignity.

Blaming Starmer for the state of country is like blaming Sarkic for a Sa fuck up
During a BBC 'Red wall" report I recall two blokes in Hartlepool blamed Labour for the local A&E closing. Of course Chris Mason didn't remind them who was in govt.

On their cost of living policy on 5 live:

One listener told him: “The public is more leftwing than the Labour party at the moment.” Starmer replied: “I don’t accept that is kicking the can down the road.”

Labour energy policy not 'kicking the can down the road', insists Starmer​

Keir Starmer has denied that Labour’s energy policy amounts to “kicking the can down the road”, but acknowledged that something will have to be done early next year to tackle the crisis in the longer term.

During a Q&A on BBC Radio 5 Live, the Labour leader was quizzed on his plans to tackle soaring energy bills going beyond the middle of next year, the Press Association reported.

One listener told him: “The public is more leftwing than the Labour party at the moment.” Starmer replied: “I don’t accept that is kicking the can down the road.”

He said his party’s plan is “meeting the concerns of millions of people”. He added that he understood the scale of the challenge facing households, adding that “many people listening and watching this will be saying: ‘I can’t afford that”’.

Pressed on his longer-term plans, he pointed to his party’s call for a national mission on home insulation.

“On the question of what we do long term, I am completely up for that challenge,” he told the programme. “I accept the challenge that something has got to be done in April.”

Well, and how fucking crap FPTP is as a system.

Problem is, if Labour win, they won't change it. Because they won. Despite the fact it would probably lock the Tories out forever if went to a variant of PR, as no-one other than racist parties or Nordie lunatics will ever work with them in coalition.

Back