• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

Only balanced to mention the stupid racist twerp who will gain more headlines than the Starmer speech will in certain quarters. I get what she was trying to say, but good god not like that
Just seen this. What an idiot she is, terrible.

Screenshot_20221126-155021_Twitter.jpg

Starmer will just do whatever it takes to outflank the Tories. Worrying for them.

I know that sort of thing alarms those that fear Starmer is another Blair Tory in disguise, but I see it differently. It’s very clever by Starmer, that sort of comment reassures those nervous of the left that he’s not oblivious to reality, blinded by ideology. He’s recognising some valid concerns and holding an olive branch.

Whether he’s left enough for some of Labour‘s rank and file is for them to decide but personally, can’t wait for him to get into No.10.

As is concisely demonstrated here the left of the party consider him impure and want him destabilised as they would rather a Conservative in number 10 than a “Blairite”.

The split will never mend. Equally that wing will never get another go after the Corbyn disaster.

As is concisely demonstrated here the left of the party consider him impure and want him destabilised as they would rather a Conservative in number 10 than a “Blairite”.

The split will never mend. Equally that wing will never get another go after the Corbyn disaster.

Some on the left of the party might want this but most of those have left the party already and those that are still in the party have no power.

Any threat from the left exists from outside the party, particularly the trade unions if they withdraw funding over a real or perceived lack of support.

I know that sort of thing alarms those that fear Starmer is another Blair Tory in disguise, but I see it differently. It’s very clever by Starmer, that sort of comment reassures those nervous of the left that he’s not oblivious to reality, blinded by ideology. He’s recognising some valid concerns and holding an olive branch.

Whether he’s left enough for some of Labour‘s rank and file is for them to decide but personally, can’t wait for him to get into No.10.
You don't extend an olive branch to those who think asylum seekers should be tagged.

The alternative is...?
The electoral one, not the policy

Last edited:
Genuine question : were the unions behind Blair or did they consider him too centre?

Back