• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Landmark Klaxon!

They vow to never let it be burned and knocked down again?

It’s a lot of words that say nothing.

Cherished and loved so much that it went out of business.

Yes it shouldn’t have been knocked down but don’t rewrite history so much that it was some kind of beacon of community spirit.

It's over 20 years since I did much drinking in the area on a regular basis [other than matchdays in Wolves] but even then it wasn't my pub or even seemingly anyones pub of choice. I appreciate that it may have had some money spent on it since then but it was never a great place. Five Ways (Widows) at Lower Gornal, The Fountain, Britannia (Upper Gornal) or The Baggerige Club (Straits) we definitely my preferred options around there.

It's over 20 years since I did much drinking in the area on a regular basis [other than matchdays in Wolves] but even then it wasn't my pub or even seemingly anyones pub of choice. I appreciate that it may have had some money spent on it since then but it was never a great place. Five Ways (Widows) at Lower Gornal, The Fountain, Britannia (Upper Gornal) or The Baggerige Club (Straits) we definitely my preferred options around there.
They're all (were) good pubs, the Crooked House or Glynne Arms to give it its proper name was always more of a tourist attraction as it was a fair way out of Lower Gornal. There's loads of new houses round there now so probably would have benefited from them in the future.

Some superb "reporting" here

UUKI2LAZHJGK3HUPBHQUX6RUQY.jpg

Yep Adam, that Tweet was from your Digital Sports Editor, Nathan Judah. Pop over to his desk for an "exclusive interview"
Then his story can be classed as premium content

Dion Kitson, an artist from Dudley, was also at the scene, erecting a number of placards at the entrance to Crooked House Lane, which leads to the pub, including one declaring that “Happy hour is over”.

He was hoping to retrieve a number of signs he had previously placed in the rubble that had gone viral online with slogans such as: “This is not what I meant when I said down it.”

“People want those signs because they went so far and if people want to pay money for them, that money can go towards the cause,” he said. “I just think what happened is outrageous. This is about class, and this pub was a personification of the working-class people of the Black Country and the spirit of the area. I’ve never seen such an outpouring of anger over it.”

He said he was hoping to organise a benefit gig with local celebrities such as Lenny Henry and Noddy Holder to raise money for a rebuild.

200w.gif

I'm not sure which bit of that is the worst.

Go often did you Dion?

Noddy Holder isn't from anywhere near Himley.

He’s missed a trick, should have got
Jason Bonham,
Billy Dainty ( ask your nan)
Sue Lawley
And James Whale ( not that one, the other one) to film the documentary,
Jazz Mann of Babylon zoo could release a single,
all local, must have been in there at some point

Put your holiday plans on hold.....

Back