• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Landmark Klaxon!

Because the building couldn’t be demolished and so burning it down is very convenient if you want the land for a different use.

If you want to keep travellers out of a vacant property you are supposed to use concrete blocks as even though they weigh loads they can actually be pushed aside by a fire engine. A mound of earth is a deliberate blockage of access and it’s no shock whatsoever that the police want to speak to the new owners very urgently.

Because the building couldn’t be demolished and so burning it down is very convenient if you want the land for a different use.

If you want to keep travellers out of a vacant property you are supposed to use concrete blocks as even though they weigh loads they can actually be pushed aside by a fire engine. A mound of earth is a deliberate blockage of access and it’s no shock whatsoever that the police want to speak to the new owners very urgently.
I don't know the area but was the lane that was blocked part of the properties land or was it a public road?

As I remember it the whole lane is access land for the pub alone. At least I can’t remember anything else down there. It’s definitely not a public road as it is gated.

Nah not a road, about a quarter mile or so dirt/gravel track, or it was last time I went down it, just to the pub. It was a farmhouse originally.

I saw the pictures of a playground next to it and just thought that there would be public access via a road to it.

Video footage on social media of a digger knocking the pub down, lane still blocked so don’t know how it got down there, but the site next door has one, apparently the interior was stripped out just after selling so it couldn’t be used as a pub.
It’s just getting dodgier and dodgier

Video footage on social media of a digger knocking the pub down, lane still blocked so don’t know how it got down there, but the site next door has one, apparently the interior was stripped out just after selling so it couldn’t be used as a pub.
It’s just getting dodgier and dodgier
Along the track from the quarry who now own the pub/plot of land..?

If you look at the drone footage after the fire, the digger was already parked up next to the gutted pub. Looking on Facebook there are thousands of posts in the various local groups. It’s upset a lot of people.

So the police are treating the fire at the crooked house as arson now.

New owner is the wife of the owner of the landfill site next door, who had been arguing with Marstons over access roads both to the pub and his site.

New owner is the wife of the owner of the landfill site next door, who had been arguing with Marstons over access roads both to the pub and his site.
Call me an cynic, but I don’t think the story would have gained as much traction in the papers (esp the Daily Mail) if the pub hadn’t been purchased by a bikini clad blonde “jet-setter”

Definitely something a foot though from the digging the local Facebook groups have been doing through the various companies owned by the individuals in question.

Back