• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Landmark Klaxon!

Landmark Wolverhampton hotel granted new premises licence to stage live events despite protests
Namechecking appearances by Roger Moore there, he's been dead six years.

• Haha
Reactions: SSB
Looks like the woodbine pub? ( three tuns lane junction by the railway bridge) is being done up, came past today no roof on it, only the original front left, but could see builders working on a new wall at the sides and rear, with a gap between the new and old

Looks like the woodbine pub? ( three tuns lane junction by the railway bridge) is being done up, came past today no roof on it, only the original front left, but could see builders working on a new wall at the sides and rear, with a gap between the new and old

Been a derelict hovel for years that.

Doubt you'd make a pub work there these days.

Doubt you'd make a pub work there these days.
No chance. What is strange though is that reading that article taught me that my old headmaster is now the mayor of Wolverhampton. Bizarre.

No chance. What is strange though is that reading that article taught me that my old headmaster is now the mayor of Wolverhampton. Bizarre.
Yeah mine too, coppice high :p. Recall his 1st few weeks, came in acting like one off us, down with yout.

Hired an eight? Man bike to do a charity thing with some mates and if I remember correctly proceeded to break an arm/leg.

Last edited:
Yeah mine too, coppice high :p. Recall his 1st few weeks, came in acting like one off us, down with yout.

Hired an eight? Man bike to do a charity thing with some mates and if I remember correctly proceeded to break an arm/leg.
Yeah that’s where I went. He used to let me off not wearing uniform after my dad left home and my mom was skint, called me in his office one day to bollock me for wearing jeans, sweater and para boots, I just mentioned Motörhead and he fucking loved me.
He was alright really, just one of those really little people who tried to make up for being small by being an angry cunt.

Crooked house has been sold, unlikely to reopen as a pub, Marstons say it’s been sold to a private buyer for alternative use

Crooked house has been sold, unlikely to reopen as a pub, Marstons say it’s been sold to a private buyer for alternative use
Saw that earlier, been a long time since we went there, (pre covid) but it was absolutely rammed, wonder if covid and cost of living have made it un profitable.

Last edited:
I guess the new buyer didn't get the change of use permission...

Truly amazing how many times that happens.

road/track down to it was blocked so fire brigade couldn’t get close enough to it in time

Back