• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Landmark Klaxon!

When I'm away with work I quite often go to the cinema by myself - love the little ones which do proper food too. Makes the usually depressing task of eating by yourself into something more. I saw 1917 here and it was absolutely epic (the cheese curds were still shit):

Went to the little cinema in Tywyn a couple of times when I lived out that way, the kinema in the woods in Woodhall Spa Lincolnshire is brilliant as well, 1920s Art Deco building

There's a little art deco cinema in Aberystwyth we went to when it was raining one evening when we first came out of Covid.

Lovely little place and the kids loved it. Could have a beer in your seat along with quality sandwiches.

Kids didn't like the beer...

I've been off peak a couple of times and been the only person there. I did have to pop out once and ask them to start the film because they'd forgot.
When I lived in Manchester there was a little old skool cinema down the road. Everything was at least a couple of months old, but it was 1/4 the price of the multiplex, and five minutes walk away, cracking place.
The one in Withington? I'm not sure that's there any more.

The little one in Shrewsbury is good also friends have been to the the one at Market Drayton which they like.

further delays with the civic hall revamp.
Getting rid of the Asbestos riddled ventilation system should have been the purpose of the works with a nice little facelift.

Whoever thought that structural alterations to a building that was constructed over 80 years ago and in 2 halves with the purpose of getting a thousand more people in wants shooting. The people who then advised them that this was indeed a clever and financially sound idea with little risk attached to it, also want to be removed from any decision making process in the future.

The additional tickets would all have to be sold out every week for the next 21 years to match the cost of the works

Council have announced the definite opening date for the revamped civic halls,

JUNE 2023.

Heathtown baths building has been bought and will be redeveloped into a banqueting hall/wedding venue nursery school, conference centre and community spaces, library building on site also bought by same developers

Just seen that the Lighthouse cinema is closing today. Sad times :(

Would much rather watch a film there than somewhere like Cineworld or Odeon.

145 flats in the space, plus 300 flats in the Beattie shop, plus a commercial unit.
127 car parking spaces.
Guessing cars will be dumped on the street and footpaths then, even though they’re pushing the public transport accessible side of it being in the town centre

Went past Beatties for the first time in a while at the weekend. Sad to see it boarded up.

Looks alright but orange, blue, grey and brown doesn't really work all together.

there's no orange in that. it's the colour and texture(s) of the wood. bet some of the grey is shadow too.

https://www.expressandstar.com/ente...ous-wolverhampton-venue-almost-ready-to-rock/

In spite of all the problems with the upgrade, I cannot wait to be able to go back to the civic. brilliant venue, and tbh the upgrade does enable them to attract some really good artists. Having a main venue with up to 3500 in it beats a number of venues in birmingham for size.
Looks good, had some great nights in the Civic and the Wufrun. Nice and close, easy parking, looking forward to seeing what's on in the future.

Back