• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Landmark Klaxon!

I think it would be very difficult for anyone at our place to work from home. Added to that I guess it would be quite costly to put the infrastructure in place.

Depends what industry you are in really - my eldest works from home or on customers sites all the time as a telecoms technician to the point that if he has to actually go in to the firm's office he gets mileage to do that journey.

My youngest runs his own car bodyshop so a bit more difficult as getting the cars & ramps/spray booth in his flat just isn't doable.

Yeah I'm a bit envious, but is it possible you could work yourself into the ground? i.e. if you're working from home end up up wprking 24/7. I often go in early and work late so might work from 7am -8pm but as the place closes down at 8 at least I know thats the latest I will finish

It is possible, yes, and some people do take the mickey and don't do anything on days they are at home.

However, it's really good being flexible - I don't feel guilty about popping to the shop to get milk, or going to my barbers to get my hair cut during quiet hours as I just make the time up later. As long as I attend all the meetings I have to, and are available for problems and queries, then I can move the hours around to suit me.

I wouldn't like to do it every day though - it's nice having that personal contact time too, so for me 2-3 days at home and the others in the office is perfect.

Never personally wanted to work from home. Partially because I don't think I have the self discipline, and partially because I like separating work life and home life as much as possible. I don't want to be sat relaxing, and my eye wanders across to "the office". However, can see how it would suit others.

A lot of my job is about being accessible to my "customers" for face to face discussions etc. Also for colleagues. However fairly sure on the odd occasion I could arrange to work from home if needed, eg if I were having a boiler fitted for example and needed to be home. My employer is pretty flexible.

I work from home about 3 days a week, basically whenever I'm not on site. I have to go to head office in Farnborough every few weeks, but that's it. I start at around 6am and work through until 2pm, or whenever I'm all caught up. I get to run errands when I want, meaning I don't need to take time off. I'm owed a little over 20 days hols at the moment, and other than emergencies, I break up for Christmas next Friday.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news...ub-to-be-demolished-for-new-college-building/

The former Faces nightclub will be demolished to make way for a new multi-million pound city centre home for Wolverhampton College.

Under plans the landmark building, on the corner of Bilston Street and Garrick Street, will be reduced to rubble paving the way for the creation of a £50 million learning quarter for thousands of students and apprentices and creating up to 20 new jobs.

I hated that club...any club that went into that building was a shit tip.

So the Spoons expansion, inc Hotel and Museum has got the thumbs up.

I actually like the bit where they are creating an outdoor spot that doesn't mean folk out for their fags/vaping/given up on life waiting for a pint don't just spill out on to the small path (see bit under the word Water on the pic)

4FP2LNAF6RDB7MT5CE4QXUWU6I.jpg

Not a fan of this pub or its owner but I think this a good thing, especially as that street is one of the first things you see when arriving by Train and with the Grand taking on the old Post Office building it will tart that street up no end.

So the Spoons expansion, inc Hotel and Museum has got the thumbs up.

I actually like the bit where they are creating an outdoor spot that doesn't mean folk out for their fags/vaping/given up on life waiting for a pint don't just spill out on to the small path (see bit under the word Water on the pic)

4FP2LNAF6RDB7MT5CE4QXUWU6I.jpg

Not a fan of this pub or its owner but I think this a good thing, especially as that street is one of the first things you see when arriving by Train and with the Grand taking on the old Post Office building it will tart that street up no end.

Presume that expands into the empty next to it (R/H side in the picture) - an even bigger space to get served slowly in then

Presume that expands into the empty next to it (R/H side in the picture) - an even bigger space to get served slowly in then

Yep. Going into the building next door and above both. Another Hotel choice for you though (presume you won't have to wait an hour to be able to get into your bed)

Looking at the image, the pub size isn't growing much as the RH side looks like the reception for the Hotel/Musuem just adding more seating with the outside bit between the 2 buildings

There's nowt wrong with the size of the pub as it is, just the layout and staffing of it are dreadful. And the decor, and the clientele, etc etc

You would hope as part of the £7m they will spend a few ££ on the bar area. As in completley rebuild it and add some lights. As for the clientele...nothing wrong with Darlo

Hopefully they do this - be good to have another option for stay overs in the town centre (plus don't have to be that brilliant to exceed the standards at the Brittania) & don't actually have to drink in there anyway.

Don't think that they will have any parking space which is always a downside though.

Hopefully they do this

All going ahead. Got through planning yesterday so just down to when Mr Brexit gives the thumbs up.

Would presume they will do a deal with the car park down the road by the bus station

All going ahead. Got through planning yesterday so just down to when Mr Brexit gives the thumbs up.

Would presume they will do a deal with the car park down the road by the bus station

Even if they don't then there are other car parks reasonably close which aren't too ruinous (certainly no more than it costs to park behind Redwings) - the only cheap parking is at Premier as only £1 for 24 hrs if you are staying there.

I think the car park next to the E&S building has a similar charging rate as the one I use at the other end of town. 5.30pm - 6 or 7am = £1. If you have the phone app and you arrive before 5.30 it does the costing based on that so you don't get over charged, unlike the machine that can't work out the rate changes from 5.30 and charges you full rate.

I think the car park next to the E&S building has a similar charging rate as the one I use at the other end of town. 5.30pm - 6 or 7am = £1. If you have the phone app and you arrive before 5.30 it does the costing based on that so you don't get over charged, unlike the machine that can't work out the rate changes from 5.30 and charges you full rate.

If I'm staying over then not getting up that early! - need a bit of time in the morning as not really an issue whatever time I get back down here

Back