• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[League Cup QF] Forest 1-1 Wolves (4-3 pens): Verdict Thread

It's a bit of an odd one: he was in the press pre-match saying how Wolves had made him fall out of love with football, yet Lage (I know) was playing him, saying he was essential to the team and so forth. I'm really not sure what his problem is.

It's simple, he's a fucking gobshite.

Doesn't deserve the social media undertones or his missus getting abused online but hes always carried himself like a surly prick.

Saturday be interesting now to see how we line up in attack. Back four and midfield predictable but I really don’t know how the attack will look.

I'm guessing Cunha isn't quite at full fitness yet, so I suspect it will be Hwang-Jimenez-Podence. To be fair, they all seem to be hitting form at the right time (Guedes too, Adama was ace at Liverpool) so it's all incredibly encouraging.

J-Lo is definitely getting a tune out of the attacking players.

Costa + Cunha
Diego wasn’t even on the bench tonight be surprised if he’s ready. Cunha still not done more than half an hour either.

Probably be Hwang-Raul/Cunha-Podence

I'm guessing Cunha isn't quite at full fitness yet, so I suspect it will be Hwang-Jimenez-Podence. To be fair, they all seem to be hitting form at the right time (Guedes too, Adama was ace at Liverpool) so it's all incredibly encouraging.
We can't be encouraged, we just lost to Forest! In the *checks notes* third most important competition we're in!

J-Lo is definitely getting a tune out of the attacking players.
If that was form from Hwang god help us

Never been that arsed about cup football since Clubs started prioritising League over Cup, if they don’t give a fuck why should i.
Having said that, a bit like Micks ten changes at Man U prior to the home game against Bolton Lopetegui really has to get a win on Saturday.

It's a bit of an odd one: he was in the press pre-match saying how Wolves had made him fall out of love with football, yet Lage (I know) was playing him, saying he was essential to the team and so forth. I'm really not sure what his problem is.
He's a cunt.

Diego wasn’t even on the bench tonight be surprised if he’s ready. Cunha still not done more than half an hour either.

Tongue kind of in cheek, I think Costa + Cunha could be a good pairing tho.

The Cup is wide wide open. I’d have been relishing that semi final. Why can’t we just have nice things eh?

I'm not sure I'd play Diego from the start - I think he would be great to bring on once Raul tires and we need to hold the ball up.

I'm not sure I'd play Diego from the start - I think he would be great to bring on once Raul tires and we need to hold the ball up.
Either way, I think Raul/Diego + Matheus/Hee-Chan could more or less be interchangeable without drastically affecting our tactics.

It’s gutting especially with City going out, hopefully Forrest get Newcastle or Man Utd and won’t go any further best way to avenge this is to win in the league there.
We did enough to win it and again another official hides from a decision.

Well I for one am pretty angry (upset/dissapointed). Probably could have handled it if it was anyone else.

But the combination of it being an awful Forest team, MGW scoring a shit pen and giving it the biggun, City being out and the manner of losing in a shootout with Neves/Hodge (for differing reasons) has really fucked me off

I'm hoping we go 4-4-1-1/ 4-4-2 with Cunha and Raul up top.

We can't go with 3 at the back again it was appalling.

Toti, Hodge, Adama all need replacing. Nowhere near good enough.

I thought Henderson looked off his line for Hodges penalty

Back