• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[League Cup QF] Forest 1-1 Wolves (4-3 pens): Verdict Thread

Knocking 100k a week back 2 years ago has already cost him about £5m. It's only going to get worse for him from here
I'd release him now.

Take the temptation to play him away from JL.

The ref is looking directly at the incident to

He moved before the kick was taken for absolute certain. Didn't think to look at the others.
But in all honesty, I have to criticise ANY players especially forwards who can't or don't want to take penalties.
I've mentioned before Kenny Hibbitt's routine and with the money at stake, the chance of a cup/trophy it's fucking shocking that Traore and any other forward player can't reliably take a successful penalty.
Never mind playing golf or whatever the fuck they do when finishing early.... Stay 45 minutes, take 30 footballs and score with at least 25 of them! Fuckwits!

How do you recreate the pressure of a full stadium, fatigue in your legs after playing 90 minutes and the penalty kick actually having value.

It isnt as easy as standing on a training pitch knocking in penalties. I could probably knock in 25/30 and I haven't played on 15 years and wasn't any good when I did.

If it was then all of our forwards would be on 20 goals a season.

First off anyone slagging off little Joe for missing the penalty can eat shit and fuck off down the road to support the shit. It's like your mate stepping in to help you in a scrap, gets knocked out and you then have a go at him for stepping in! Hodge's pen was much better than Neves, so blast him not Hodge. Shouldn't have gone to pens because again we've been fucked over by the officials. A blatant pen for the foul on Nunes not given, with all the evidence you want with his boot off. Right in front of the ref and the linesman too! What the fuck were they watching. I was just thinking during the game how refreshing it was that we had no VAR but ironically we probably would be dreaming of Wembley (and 1980 again) if there was VAR tonight. Damned if we do, damned if we don't have VAR! English football is a mess with officials at the mo. You can bet your bottom dollar if that was a Sky 6 side it would have been given. Even before then, in the first half we missed two golden chances, so all in all we've not got what we've deserved tonight. Having said that, you don't take your chances, you get punished in this game. We bossed that game, apart from the first 15-20 minutes when, like at LiVARpool, we gave the ball away so cheaply on numerous occasions. That's got to stop. When Boly scored, I couldn't help but wonder why on earth we sold him. Are Toti, who was good tonight by the way, Kilman and Collins really better that him! Plus, he is and always will be a cult hero for us. Class act is Willy. On the other end of the scale, though, is MGW. He can fuck off. Thought Julen got 2 subs right today in Podence and Cunha coming on, the latter making a big impact again. He's gonna be immense. However the other subs did not make sense at all, especially taking Raul off, who apart from being our #1 penalty taker, was actually playing well and putting himself about a bit. So happy he got on the end of that great move to score our equaliser. The only real bright spot of the evening. A wasted opportunity tonight. Forest should have been put to the sword. Pissed off.

On the plus side tonight when we did go 4-4-2 we looked a good team and scored a lovely well worked goal.

Some of the movement we had off the ball from Cunha was really good, on angles and intelligent. Raul looked like he enjoyed playing with him too.

Adama managed to make Hwang look good tonight which should've been impossible.

Defensively we improved immeasurably when in a 4 and Kilman looked far better next to Semedo. Semedo not so much as I thought he was atrocious. Worked hard but he's just crap at everything at the moment.

Jonny by contrast looked assured and solid at LB.

There still is a role for Adama. He’s lost the acceleration but his top speed is probably still up there. We saw that only Saturday when he was closing space rapidly against Liverpool. But unless he’s got 40 yards to run into his useless. So can only be used in counter attacking situations.

Never been that arsed about cup football since Clubs started prioritising League over Cup, if they don’t give a fuck why should i.
Having said that, a bit like Micks ten changes at Man U prior to the home game against Bolton Lopetegui really has to get a win on Saturday.
Wasn’t it Burnley?

I think Gibbs-White will bounce around between recently promoted sides for the next 3-4 seasons then ultimately find his level elsewhere.

First off anyone slagging off little Joe for missing the penalty can eat shit and fuck off down the road to support the shit. It's like your mate stepping in to help you in a scrap, gets knocked out and you then have a go at him for stepping in! Hodge's pen was much better than Neves, so blast him not Hodge. Shouldn't have gone to pens because again we've been fucked over by the officials. A blatant pen for the foul on Nunes not given, with all the evidence you want with his boot off. Right in front of the ref and the linesman too! What the fuck were they watching. I was just thinking during the game how refreshing it was that we had no VAR but ironically we probably would be dreaming of Wembley (and 1980 again) if there was VAR tonight. Damned if we do, damned if we don't have VAR! English football is a mess with officials at the mo. You can bet your bottom dollar if that was a Sky 6 side it would have been given. Even before then, in the first half we missed two golden chances, so all in all we've not got what we've deserved tonight. Having said that, you don't take your chances, you get punished in this game. We bossed that game, apart from the first 15-20 minutes when, like at LiVARpool, we gave the ball away so cheaply on numerous occasions. That's got to stop. When Boly scored, I couldn't help but wonder why on earth we sold him. Are Toti, who was good tonight by the way, Kilman and Collins really better that him! Plus, he is and always will be a cult hero for us. Class act is Willy. On the other end of the scale, though, is MGW. He can fuck off. Thought Julen got 2 subs right today in Podence and Cunha coming on, the latter making a big impact again. He's gonna be immense. However the other subs did not make sense at all, especially taking Raul off, who apart from being our #1 penalty taker, was actually playing well and putting himself about a bit. So happy he got on the end of that great move to score our equaliser. The only real bright spot of the evening. A wasted opportunity tonight. Forest should have been put to the sword. Pissed off.
Nobody, but nobody has slagged Hodge off for the penalty, just him being put in that position

Cunha was very good again. He's got to start now. If he is not fit to start, I'd be asking questions as I don't see the reason.
I haven't seen him as being unfit tbh, he's just extremely languid.

He seems to be smart enough to be able to minimize his movement without minimizing impact.

Not comparing him to Messi, obviously, but it's (one of) the thing(s) that Messi does so well.

I'd go Cunha Podence and Raul as a front 3. Think they'd create enough chances to win games. Both Cunha and Podence will drop into nice pockets of space for our midfield to find as shown today for the goal.

I haven't seen him as being unfit tbh, he's just extremely languid.

He seems to be smart enough to be able to minimize his movement without minimizing impact.

Not comparing him to Messi, obviously, but it's (one of) the thing(s) that Messi does so well.
I agree but he hasn't started a game for us yet of the 3 he's been available for and I've seen some suggestions on here that he's not fit enough to start. If that was the case I'd be interested to know why that would be. I think he will start on Saturday though. The pass for the goal tonight was top quality and the kind of service we've been missing all season.

Just seen the end of game antics MGW looks incensed by something. Himself and Henderson (who is a mega shit bag) did pretty much everything to rile things up during the shootout.

I'd go Cunha Podence and Raul as a front 3. Think they'd create enough chances to win games. Both Cunha and Podence will drop into nice pockets of space for our midfield to find as shown today for the goal.
I’d want us to play 442 tbh. So guess Hwang comes in

Back