• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[League Cup QF] Forest 1-1 Wolves (4-3 pens): Verdict Thread

Yeah the manager needs to sack off this idea of 3 at the back until he has another CB in through the door.

Yeah the manager needs to sack off this idea of 3 at the back until he has another CB in through the door.
To be fair 2 at the back is a bit of a car crash with the current options. It was a great game for Collins today.

I'm guessing Cunha isn't quite at full fitness yet, so I suspect it will be Hwang-Jimenez-Podence. To be fair, they all seem to be hitting form at the right time (Guedes too, Adama was ace at Liverpool) so it's all incredibly encouraging.

J-Lo is definitely getting a tune out of the attacking players.
What tune did we get out of Traore tonight? Send In The Clowns?

I'm hoping we go 4-4-1-1/ 4-4-2 with Cunha and Raul up top.

We can't go with 3 at the back again it was appalling.

Toti, Hodge, Adama all need replacing. Nowhere near good enough.
I’m baffled it wasn’t 442 from the off. I have no idea what he was thinking. My only thoughts is he didn’t trust Kilman and Toti as a two but that was stupid thinking, as it played out.

If we lose at Forest in the league I'll be incensed.

I want to put them in the ground now.

Any chance that fixture is far enough down the line that we might be able to relegate them?

Does anyone think Adama can't do it anymore or doesn't want to do it anymore?

Some deep underlying resentment going on with MGW towards Wolves, his time here and the fans, I think. That much is obvious.

Shame he kicked off at the end and shame he’s now got the bragging rights. His penalty was shite and it was more of the same from him on the pitch (fancy flicks and a bit of flair here and there but ultimately no end product). You’d have thought he’d have some respect towards his old teammates and won with some class, but alas, it was too much for him.

Hopefully we have the last laugh and stay up while they go down.

Thought it was clear to see that our best 11 is far better than their best 11. If they’re the benchmark towards safety or relegation, I think we’ll be ok. We just need to get some bodies in through the door.

Love Julen and his passion but feel putting Hodge in that position was a bit shit, and it was a poor move taking all your penalty takers off when there was only 10 minutes to go (are those 10 minutes rest really going to make a difference? I doubt it).

Shame. We had a real chance to go on and win the whole thing, but it’s back to concentrating on the league and making sure we stay up.

The Cup is wide wide open. I’d have been relishing that semi final. Why can’t we just have nice things eh?
Because we’re Wolves and doing things easy is not in our nature.
After 50 years you’d think I would have got used to it, but just as soon as they give you a glimmer of hope they pull out a result like tonight
Move on and hope for a win on Saturday

I just think he's lost that little bit of electric acceleration he had and now looks exactly what he is, a very poor footballer.
A little bit? I think he's lost most of it

I'd like to see the back of Semedo. Just doesn't have the mentality for this situation. Bottle job. Change my view.

Does anyone think Adama can't do it anymore or doesn't want to do it anymore?
Well he has rocks for brains. They put two people on him and literally gave him nowhere to go. So he just tried to run through them REPEATEDLY!

Just had to pass it and then move and their would be massive fucking holes everywhere because 20% of their outfielders are standing next to him. Give and go and they are out the game.

I'm long since over Traore but thought it might be his 1:10 good game against clearly inferior defenders but he had nothing, his dribbling was absolutely none existent, all he did was try to steamroller their defenders. It was painfully easy for them to deal with him.

He offers nothing now, we need to stop playing him entirely.

I thought Henderson looked off his line for Hodges penalty
He moved before the kick was taken for absolute certain. Didn't think to look at the others.
But in all honesty, I have to criticise ANY players especially forwards who can't or don't want to take penalties.
I've mentioned before Kenny Hibbitt's routine and with the money at stake, the chance of a cup/trophy it's fucking shocking that Traore and any other forward player can't reliably take a successful penalty.
Never mind playing golf or whatever the fuck they do when finishing early.... Stay 45 minutes, take 30 footballs and score with at least 25 of them! Fuckwits!

No no we need to give him a new contract with a raise or he might go somewhere else and do fuck all for them

Back