• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[League Cup QF] Forest 1-1 Wolves (4-3 pens): Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Another wank decision does us over.

Off you go.

Last edited:
We should have won that game before it got to penalties.

First half was mostly crap but we started to take over in the last 10 minutes of the half. In the 2nd half we were the better side and Forest didn't really do anything whatsoever. Same issue as always though, not enough goals in the team.

Hodge is a young lad and I don't want to get on his back too much but we do really need to stop bringing him on. He weakens the 11 straight away, anyone can miss a penalty but he shouldn't have been on the pitch to even have the option of taking one.

Why ask a kid to take a do or die last spot kick. Poor management

Any cards or anything with the handbags at the end or was it just a bit of pushing and holding people back?

Sounded like we picked it up a bit in the second half. Positives are the link-up play upfront looked a bit more there and good for Raul to get back on the score sheet: that will give him an awful lot of confidence,

Hwang, Raul and Guedes should all have scored first half.

Looked best when they bad the bodies high up the pitch to put pressure on Forest's backline, unfortunately spent too much of the game not being lined to do that

Only thing I learned is that Forest can fuck all the way off back to the Championship and I won't shed a single tear.

Morgan and Henderson especially. Kind of wish Toti had just laid one right on Morgan's jaw, but ultimately glad he didn't.

MGW has always been a bit of a prick. He used to be our prick, so I defended him. Now he's just a prick.

It's a bit of an odd one: he was in the press pre-match saying how Wolves had made him fall out of love with football, yet Lage (I know) was playing him, saying he was essential to the team and so forth. I'm really not sure what his problem is.

Saturday be interesting now to see how we line up in attack. Back four and midfield predictable but I really don’t know how the attack will look.

Saturday be interesting now to see how we line up in attack. Back four and midfield predictable but I really don’t know how the attack will look.
Costa + Cunha

Back