• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[League Cup QF] Forest 1-1 Wolves (4-3 pens): Verdict Thread

Last week against Liverpool still stings more than last night’s defeat. Having given MGW stick all game, I can’t really get too upset about his celebrations. Unfollowed him on social media long before he left, so not too bothered what he posts.

Must say I prefer going to ground like Forest rather than the sterile atmospheres of the big clubs. The ground was rocking last night with support from all four stands. Something that’s been lacking at Molineux, well for a long time. Got a good repertoire of songs, not just the one or two we just rinse and repeat.
This is the best it's been for Forest for decades, no wonder they're a bit rowdy right now.

I used to see fans of opposition clubs saying the same things about our support when we were flying high under Nuno. Molineux can be an absolute cauldron but we do need the success first to give us that spark.

Jesus, PTS' latest Athletic piece is a fucking abomination. "However glorious and celebrated Lopetegui's reign goes on the become, there is a danger it will now forever be tinged with regret. No matter how successful Lopetegui is....the game will take some getting over for fans of the club...it will sting for a long time to come and unless he delivers a trophy or European football the wounds inflicted at the City Ground will fester".
I mean you'd understand that if we'd lost the final in that manner.

Of course Steve understands the lofty annual expectations of Wolves fans in the League Cup (two quarter finals in my entire lifetime, I'm 42 soon) better than I do.

The social media 'fall out':

tenor.gif

Seriously, are some of you really that bothered that some of our players 'liked' a post on social media made by one of our ex-players? 😂 😂

Important shit, clearly.

tenor.gif

Seriously, are some of you really that bothered that some of our players 'liked' a post on social media made by one of our ex-players? 😂 😂

Important shit, clearly.
Well yeah, if you ignore all the other reasoned posts explaining why…

Well I've read them and they don't appear particularly reasoned to me - just a lot of hot air over something totally irrelevant. Genuinely don't understand why it's got some people so wound up. It's social media FFS

tenor.gif

Important shit, clearly.
The gif sums it up for me.

Should they have done it? Probably not

Why have they done it? I’d imagine they’re friends with MGW and it’s a well done for getting to a semi

Is it a dig at Wolves from our players? Again, probably not

Is it going to impact the rest of our season? No

I daresay that continuing to get so riled up about it would delight Morgan.

You kill a heel-turn with apathy.

If people think commenting on all this stuff is wrong, and the answer is to ignore it, then why aren't they taking their own advice?

As many posts from people who 'don't care' as from those who do 😅

As many posts from people who 'don't care' as from those who do 😅
I refer to my earlier post that it's to avoid working

Boss "Have you sorted that huge issue VW had that was making their business managers look more confused and lost than normal?"

Me "I was on it but then Fabio Silva liked an Instagram post from Gibbs-White and I lost 4 hours"

This is the best it's been for Forest for decades, no wonder they're a bit rowdy right now.
Certainly louder than the cup game last year when there was less than half the attendance of last night.

Can anyone trace back the origins of who picked Kilman and Costa for the Super Lopetegui chant? What a shit choice of players. Plus singing “We’re staying in the Premier League” is just as crap as “Zenga, Zenga take us the the Premier”

Well I've read them and they don't appear particularly reasoned to me - just a lot of hot air over something totally irrelevant. Genuinely don't understand why it's got some people so wound up. It's social media FFS
Well Fabio has now “unliked” the post, so would appear someone at the club agrees with the general opinion on here, and has had a word with him.

Or Fab's team saw all the snowflaking and decided they wanted a quiet Thursday instead

Well Fabio has now “unliked” the post, so would appear someone at the club agrees with the general opinion on here, and has had a word with him.
Well thank fuck for that!

Let's just hope he stays away from following the Cheeky Girls on Spotify or all hell might be unleashed

Well thank fuck for that!

Let's just hope he stays away from following the Cheeky Girls on Spotify or all hell might be unleashed
I think we were safe as, being an avid reader of this place, he's into Timmy Mallet's pop career now.

Or he had a word with his social media manager, tbf.

Or Fab's team saw all the snowflaking and decided they wanted a quiet Thursday instead
All the evidence we need to prove Kenny is part of Fabio’s Instagram team and is in fact only here to find out what the consensus to his online interactions are!

All the evidence we need to prove Kenny is part of Fabio’s Instagram team and is in fact only here to find out what the consensus to his online interactions are!
So wrong, you fool.....I am infact part of Hoevers Instragram team

So wrong, you fool.....I am infact part of Hoevers Instragram team
The perfect crime! Makes sense as Hoever bring a professional footballer is a crime in itself!

Back