• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[League Cup QF] Forest 1-1 Wolves (4-3 pens): Verdict Thread

I mean, MGW's celebration was quite funny...he'd had stick all game and loads of abuse walking up to take the pen. Bit of an overreaction talking about it instead of discussing how Sa should have saved it...

As for Hodge, he was fine when he came on, think he's getting better each game. Ultimately he's probably not going to be good enough (if we go down he may be good enough next season) but he's not as bad as reviews on here suggest.
MGW can do what he likes, our players shouldn't be 'liking' the moment we missed out on a semi-final.

I just don’t think social media bollocks means anything. Liking or disliking posts doesn’t improve our points total or goal difference
It's all relative. Three points on the pitch are important because it helps us stay in the league.

How our players come across on social media is important because it's a professional organisation under constant scrutiny and they represent the club.

This.

I don't even think he was being a dick, players are human after all. If I'd been getting the stick he had I'd have been celebrating right in their faces for at least 10 minutes. The old adage that you shouldn't give it if you can't take it springs to mind with people's reactions, he was getting stick as he walked up to take the penalty.
Not on Instagram or Twitter so to be honest not sure what he’s done, apart from not achieve anything for Wolves.

That being said, I have no issue with wolves fans booing him, and also no issue with his celebration.

What’s he actually done that’s so bad out of curiosity?

You want a measure for this little prick look at the way Boly was treated.

Went down injured, Wolves players going over to him to see if he's ok. Neves chatting away to him when he was clearly in pain.

And to a man gets applauded off the pitch by the crowd.

Contrast that little fucking prick starting a fight with his ex-teammates because he can't take a bit of stick. That Instacunt can fuck off.

As far as I'm aware, Boly actually refused to play for us and went on strike. I actually remember some of the stuff said on here about Boly at the time this happened and it doesn't really tally with being applauded off but that's another point entirely.

Now, I'm not really bothered about that, it's their job at the end of the day.

I really rate Cunha by the way. Looks like a very intelligent footballer with a bit of bottle/desire to win about him.

A little concerned about some of the chances we have up against Forest yesterday, Forest could justifiably feel they'd done enough to have won the game.

As far as I'm aware, Boly actually refused to play for us and went on strike. I actually remember some of the stuff said on here about Boly at the time this happened and it doesn't really tally with being applauded off but that's another point entirely.

Did he?

That's what Lage said and we know how untrustworthy he was.

I'm not sure what you're trying to tally up here and I get you like MGW and don't want to hear anything bad about him and that's up to you but don't expect others to like the little cunt.

Not excusing Boly refusing to play as that was obviously not right but he wasn't the first or last player to have issues with Lage. Boly contributed a lot to Wolves over a 4-5 year period and was a good player who then showed the club some respect with his lack of celebration.

MGW was the prick most already knew he was. His article this week about "falling out of love with football" during his time here was of his own making as when he was given opportunities in the first team he generally didn't take them, putting in nothing performances most of the time.

Thing with Boly is he was actually a big part of our success, whereas MGW hasn’t. So like anything, when they’re gone if it was a successful period you remember the positives.

Did he?

That's what Lage said she we know how untrustworthy he was.

I'm not sure what you're trying to tally up here and I get you like MGW and don't want to hear anything bad about him and that's up to you but don't expect others to like the little cunt.

Exactly, everything is hearsay and therefore non of it really registers on my interest.

I'm ambivalent to MGW, I don't know him from Adam. He might well be the biggest cunt in the world but I'm not really someone who's bothered by what people do off the pitch.

I do think he'd have been a better option for us than Guedes has been but so would a traffic cone so that's not exactly a huge barometer of quality.

Thing with Boly is he was actually a big part of our success, whereas MGW hasn’t. So like anything, when they’re gone if it was a successful period you remember the positives.

I can only see positives from Boly. Great player for us. The only times I'm ever actually negative about ex wolves players is if they are blatantly not putting the effort in when they play for us. As I said before, it's their job and we can't expect them to feel the same way we do about the club.

Jesus, PTS' latest Athletic piece is a fucking abomination. "However glorious and celebrated Lopetegui's reign goes on the become, there is a danger it will now forever be tinged with regret. No matter how successful Lopetegui is....the game will take some getting over for fans of the club...it will sting for a long time to come and unless he delivers a trophy or European football the wounds inflicted at the City Ground will fester".

.the game will take some getting over for fans of the club...it will sting for a long time to come
Great stuff.

Personally I was over the game before it actually finished. As Cup defeats go, that was a million miles away from the sting of the FA Cup Semi Final (which still fucking stings tbh) and I don't judge Nuno's time at the club on that defeat.

Can someone tell Steve he should be on holiday again

The 'liking' of MGWs post by some of our players is just normal sm behaviour isn't it? Don't most kids just automatically like very post from people on their feed?

Jesus, PTS' latest Athletic piece is a fucking abomination. "However glorious and celebrated Lopetegui's reign goes on the become, there is a danger it will now forever be tinged with regret. No matter how successful Lopetegui is....the game will take some getting over for fans of the club...it will sting for a long time to come and unless he delivers a trophy or European football the wounds inflicted at the City Ground will fester".
wtf is he on about? 🤣

What the actual fuck? I literally said to Stan Hullis as we were walking out of the ground that I wasn't that bothered and he agreed. We were all laughing and joking during the penalty shoot out, I didn't get the impression that anyone in the away end was particularly arsed at all, except for the opportunity have a bit of a celebration if we had won it.

There has to an element of reading the room though. Liking something which is at the expense of your current employer is odd.

Imagine liking a post on LinkedIn by an ex-colleague who won a contract at your current employers expense
Been there.

Great stuff.

Personally I was over the game before it actually finished. As Cup defeats go, that was a million miles away from the sting of the FA Cup Semi Final (which still fucking stings tbh) and I don't judge Nuno's time at the club on that defeat.
Last week against Liverpool still stings more than last night’s defeat. Having given MGW stick all game, I can’t really get too upset about his celebrations. Unfollowed him on social media long before he left, so not too bothered what he posts.

Must say I prefer going to ground like Forest rather than the sterile atmospheres of the big clubs. The ground was rocking last night with support from all four stands. Something that’s been lacking at Molineux, well for a long time. Got a good repertoire of songs, not just the one or two we just rinse and repeat.

Back