• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[League Cup QF] Forest 1-1 Wolves (4-3 pens): Verdict Thread

I do find it strange that by all accounts he was given nonstop stick all night, but then seeing the same fans whine about him being a cunt for daring to celebrate a win in their faces

I don't really care enough about MGW to have a strong opinion either way, nor am I privvy to his social media (again, I dgaf), but in a vacuum I do find it amusing

Last edited:
Joe Hodge is having a great day today. Thought he would be on a downer after his penalty miss but all Johnny's anger directed at MGW.

Edit: Nearly all. Hoever and Fab getting a small bit of it as well. Just need Lage to like NGW's post now...
Poor Joe's got enough to deal with right now.

About to lose his place in the squad and missed the final pen in a shootout.

I have sympathy with him this morning, it's not his fault he's being picked when not ready for this level.

I was at Huddersfield when Rajiv van La Parra knee slid in front of the Wolves fans and shushed us. That was so galling it almost caused me physical pain.

Last night wasn't even close to that. MGW is an irrelevance really.

I do find it strange that by all accounts he was given nonstop stick all night, then see the same fans whine about him being a cunt for daring to celebrate a win in their faces

I don't really care enough about MGW to have a strong opinion either way, nor am I privvy to his social media (again, I dgaf), but in a vacuum I do find it amusing
It wasn't the fact he celebrated a win that got people's backs up, or even gestured to our fans after his pen. It was that he tried to start a fight because he got butthurt by Cunha.

I do find it strange that by all accounts he was given nonstop stick all night, then see the same fans whine about him being a cunt for daring to celebrate a win in their faces

He wasn't celebrating the win, he was celebrating his penalty.

Of course he's going to get boos and 'stick' as an ex player, by an away support vastly outnumbered by his home support. His fingers in ears stuff was just performative nonsense so he could use the picture on his social media.

He obviously can't take stick himself, and he's no Martinez or Vardy, so why play up to that, I don't know. You can see how thin-skinned he is by his reaction to Cunha and everything after.

to be clear I wasn't able to watch the game live, so I'm perfectly willing to accept I've misinterpreted the situation

still funny tho

MGW is an irrelevance really.

This is the most I can be bothered to contribute any further

1673524326311.png
For those that haven't seen the IG post. Not sure who controls the accounts for the other players but Mosquera, Hoever and Silva should be having words. If it's them individually then they're fucking morons.

Meh, who really cares. Not sure it says much about the likers other than they are bit dim.

View attachment 6686
For those that haven't seen the IG post. Not sure who controls the accounts for the other players but Mosquera, Hoever and Silva should be having words. If it's them individually then they're fucking morons.
I would say Hoever, Fabs etc are simply liking the Semi Finals lets go comment as he is a friend, so liking his success. They probably have zero clue what the image is actually about.

Only really Mosq who will know he did that after his penalty but players are not like fans and once the whistle has blown for FT (and the proceeding fight is over) they go back to just being mates again.

A lot of fuss over nothing on the social media post and likes for me CLive

I would say Hoever, Fabs etc are simply liking the Semi Finals lets go comment as he is a friend, so liking his success. They probably have zero clue what the image is actually about.

Only really Mosq who will know he did that after his penalty but players are not like fans and once the whistle has blown for FT (and the proceeding fight is over) they go back to just being mates again.

A lot of fuss over nothing on the social media post and likes for me CLive
Not sure I agree with that. If I started 'liking' posts online that criticised my employer, or supported an ex-employee that had just acted like a complete and utter knob in a situation with my current employer, I'd be getting dragged in to the office and asked to explain myself.

Saying they have "no clue" about the image is giving them way too much credit.

There has to an element of reading the room though. Liking something which is at the expense of your current employer is odd.

Imagine liking a post on LinkedIn by an ex-colleague who won a contract at your current employers expense

I would agree if he had put "Semi Finals here we come - FUCK YOU WOLVES"

But he didn't. His mates are liking his success. Waaaaay to much reading into things to try and get annoyed.

As with everything, Football is not like our normal jobs

Also consider, they are likely to have someone or something doing their posts and will automatically like things from players they follow. A good chance they don't even know they liked it

A bit like when Joe Hart's team celebrated Spurs losing a game....that he had just played in

It’s just spectacularly unimportant.
Given the spotlight on them, their jobs, their employers, their wages, and the fact they're frequently referred to as "role-models" to children, I'd say it's more important. If I do it, no one cares because I'm a nobody, but I'd still expect to be called up on it by my employer. If you're a professional footballer with a platform, you're asking for trouble.

Someone in the relation team at Wolves should be having a stern word with Ki, Yerson, Fab & co. Idiots.
Also consider, they are likely to have someone or something doing their posts and will automatically like things from players they follow. A good chance they don't even know they liked it

A bit like when Joe Hart's team celebrated Spurs losing a game....that he had just played in
Like I said, you're giving them waaaaaay too much credit.

I mean, MGW's celebration was quite funny...he'd had stick all game and loads of abuse walking up to take the pen. Bit of an overreaction talking about it instead of discussing how Sa should have saved it...

As for Hodge, he was fine when he came on, think he's getting better each game. Ultimately he's probably not going to be good enough (if we go down he may be good enough next season) but he's not as bad as reviews on here suggest.

Like I said, you're giving them waaaaaay too much credit.
More a case that I enjoy wasting my time commenting on things that are "meh" instead of doing work

I just don’t think social media bollocks means anything. Liking or disliking posts doesn’t improve our points total or goal difference

Back