• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion: 2020/21

Premier league say the first goal stands because Mings losing possession changes the phase of play.
Call me stupid didn’t Saiss Goal at Leeds get ruled out after a clearance was made?

Sounds another case of making it up as you go along stuff from the PL, they really don’t do themselves any favours at all.

Never one to stick up for Villa but they have been done over here

EsMzS8kXIAQLT3G

EsMzS8kW4AczEnR

EsMzS8mXMAQZqev

Fulham take an early lead Vs man United

They aren't supposed to win this one!

Woeful defending by Man Utd 2 CH static and Wan Bissaka not stepping up

Isn't it a new phase of play once a defender deliberately plays the ball?

Isn't it a new phase of play once a defender deliberately plays the ball?
Apparently so, but i don't think they actually told any players this. It might be the letter of the law but a player 20 yds offside sneaking up behind the defender and taking the ball off him is a bit of a cheek. I don't like Mings but really....

Apparently so, but i don't think they actually told any players this. It might be the letter of the law but a players 20 yds offside sneaking up behind the defender and taking the ball off him is a bit of a cheek. I don't like Mings but really....
I'm not sure, as soon as the defender has it under control it's a different set of circumstances. Like Jota Vs Leicester

I'm not sure, as soon as the defender has it under control it's a different set of circumstances. Like Jota Vs Leicester
Agreed it is. The player becomes onside when an opponent makes a deliberate attempt to play the ball. But it's not what i would call a fair rule in the context of that particular play.

"However, the law says: 'A player in an offisde position, receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, is NOT to be considered to have gained an advantage.'

"Therefore, Mings playing the ball deliberately - and we can see that he does that when he chests the ball - plays the Manchester City player onside, even though he is in an offside position. So therefore, the goal should stand.

"Rodri wasn't gaining an advantage by being where he was, that's the law and the fact that Mings makes a deliberate play on the ball, negates the fact that the player was in an offside position."

Thats the part I am struggling with. He does gain an advantage being where he was. If that was scored against us we would be buying all the tin foil in the UK and claiming VAR was out to get us again

What is Fulham's situation with Lookman - obligation to buy or just option? I think he'd be really good under Nuno

Edit: Think it's just a loan. I'd be tracking him

"However, the law says: 'A player in an offisde position, receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, is NOT to be considered to have gained an advantage.'

"Therefore, Mings playing the ball deliberately - and we can see that he does that when he chests the ball - plays the Manchester City player onside, even though he is in an offside position. So therefore, the goal should stand.

"Rodri wasn't gaining an advantage by being where he was, that's the law and the fact that Mings makes a deliberate play on the ball, negates the fact that the player was in an offside position."

Thats the part I am struggling with. He does gain an advantage being where he was. If that was scored against us we would be buying all the tin foil in the UK and claiming VAR was out to get us again
Yes on the latter. It's a BS rule. That play was a bit it like a boxer flat out in the ring, opponent turns round to go to his corner, then boxer gets up quick and hits the opponent on the back of the head.

What a fucking goal by Pogba that is

Was expecting worse on that offside tbh. That’s been the rule for ages (rightly or wrongly).

There’s tons of times where a player doesn’t know what do when a strikers behind them so they get rid of it rather than letting the ball run etc. And if they take a touch the striker looks interested again.

He’d have got away with it if it wasn’t a dreadful touch. Perfectly fine goal for me. He knows in that instance he’s definitely offside so doesn’t go for the “I won’t let it go just in case he’s on” technique.

Offside should just be offside like the old days. The interfering with play thing was always bollocks.

Back