• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion: 2020/21

Noble needs moving on way past it at this level, Fornals has been a disaster since signing to

west ham will have a horrible start of the season looking at their schedule..Moyes will be gone before november,,,not nice to be a hammers fan anytime soon...

1307025B-A730-4285-A102-A985CCC75F0E.jpg

I think some in the media need reminding that Leeds still lost the game and ultimately achieved the same outcome as the 95% of the clubs that went to Anfield last season.
Yes they played well going forward but we’re still a defensive car crash especially in the first half.

Because it was Bielsa it's lorded as tactical genius. Time will tell if that's the case or just a promoted club with confidence having a go. Most of the traditional top 6 will trade blows, Spurs will be the only ones who will try and shut games down, so I think they'll be involved in a few matches like that, let's see how many points they get doing it.

Compared to Wolves 2 years ago, if that's the benchmark they will be more exciting to watch for the neutral than we were and will score more goals, they'll concede more too though, so let's see how that translates to points and league position

Such hype after one game and zero points! I enjoyed the game as much as anyone, but the Bielsa hype is a bit much. Blackpool and Norwich had gung ho qualities too

Norwich gave them a good game at the start of last season but couldn't score the goals against them.

We had a go and should have probably gotten something but for VAR overturning a goal.

I can see Leeds doing alright though. Maybe even top half. Depends on how their defence settles.

Norwich gave them a good game at the start of last season but couldn't score the goals against them.

We had a go and should have probably gotten something but for VAR overturning a goal.

I can see Leeds doing alright though. Maybe even top half. Depends on how their defence settles.

From an xG perspective Liverpool Vs Norwich was 2.25 Vs 0.87

The stats suggest that Liverpool Vs Norwich was closer than Liverpool Vs Leeds

Obviously, this is a statistic so I'm interested to see how Leeds perform going forward

I enjoyed watching them, but I bristle at comments I've seen elsewhere comparing them to us.

They've been out of the PL for 16 years and lose their first game (with cavalier spirit, admittedly), but we've had two hard-won 7th place finishes and a European QF. You don't just get this handed to you, as Villa discovered last season.

It really underestimates what Nuno, Fosun and the players have achieved, but I guess this is the PL hype trough we all feed from on occasion

One game played which they still lost, yes in an attacking sense they caused Liverpool no end of problems but let’s face it Liverpool have been average since the return after lockdown.
Sides that are more gung-ho will always be more popular but good defending is also to be commended reality is Leeds are the media darlings this season like we were in our first year back. It’ll soon wear off plus if Leeds do well this season playing like that I fully expect some big clubs sniffing round him to.

The absolute nick of Albion's team. I don't think they have one player in that XI who'd even make our bench.

Their summer purchases have just kept them on a par from last season.

Diangana is decent, as is Perreira, but they are both decent for a team hanging on for 17th. Nowhere near us. And the rest of the squad is garbage.

If they don’t finish bottom they will have done well.

They’ve started ok to be fair, Leicester also look a bit light on players to.

Now is the perfect time to play Leicester with their defensive woes. Man City should cream them in a couple of games time.

Imagine having Hal Robson-Kanu as your solution off the bench in the Premier League.

They look very limited as a side really, other than the first 20 minutes it’s been one way traffic and Leicester haven’t even been that good.

Is that Doherty starting in a back four I can see

It is, let's see if Spurs fans think it's such a good deal in a couple of hours...

Albion and Fulham are both a waste of time unless they do some swift and heavy business.

It is, let's see if Spurs fans think it's such a good deal in a couple of hours...

Albion and Fulham are both a waste of time unless they do some swift and heavy business.

They’ve created zero pressure going forward second half this could easily have been 5-0.

Back