• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2014/15 Season

Ricketts perhaps a little fortunate to get away with not conceding a penalty for Swindon there, not the strongest push in the back but a pretty blatant one.

In a new holding midfield role!

Managers are absolute morons sometimes. If you want to get someone in to bolster your midfield why would you sign a 33 year old full back to do that? There are no midfielders available in the entire country?

Really like Jacobs, can he step it up and impress KJ?

As mentioned, a productive 90 minutes for Jacobs with a good display and a goal against Bolton. Leon Clarke got an hour (but nothing to show for it) away at Boro up against forgotten man Jonathan Woodgate.

Swindon took Sam Ricketts off after an hour against MK Dons and then promptly fell apart. Jake Cassidy came on after 67 minutes for Southend while George Saville made a 10 minute cameo for Brizzle. Bradley Reid played the first hour for Telford (against Kiddy) but drew a blank.

No sign of Carter or Flatt for Chesterfield.

odd - hope he gets a chance for us.

wonder if that means one of RVLP, Henry, Dangerous or Sako has an injury?

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/jacobs-recalled-from-blackpool-2385805.aspx

Head Coach Kenny Jackett said: “We have recalled Michael from his loan at Blackpool.
“We want to be as strong as we possibly can be for the last five games and have to make sure that if we have any fatigue with our wide players we have a good player to come in.
“I have been impressed with what Michael has done at Blackpool – he has played five games in a short period and is up to speed which is a big thing at this particular time.
“Going into a vital period we want to be as strong as possible and Michael will help give us that.”

Sounds like we won't be going into games with three defenders on the bench any more, I guess?

It does make sense, though. If we're playing 4-4-2, that means RVLP is both third-choice striker and third-choice winger. Any injury to one of Sako/Dicko/Afobe and we'll be forced to go back to 4-2-3-1.

Interesting. I do like Jacobs. Has anyone heard/read any good info on how he played during the Blackpool spell?

Guess he's fighting one of the three defending substitutes and Evans for slot number 18.

I'm glad he's back. He's certainly better than a third defender on the bench, anyway.

From the mid-week games;

Jacobs had another good 90 minutes against Reading, including nearly scoring, and its enough to convince KJ to bring him back. Leon Clarke was subbed after 75 and picked up a booking as Wigan lost to Derby and subsequently sacked Mackay.

George Saville and Sam Ricketts were in opposing squads for Bristol City's 3-0 win over Swindon, but, while the latter got a full game, Saville sat sulking on the bench once again. Liam McAlinden came on in the last minute for Fleetwood and Jon Flatt sat on the bench for Chesterfield while Ashley Carter wasn't included in the squad.

Jake Cassidy started for Southend and lasted for 68 minutes before being subbed off in a 1-0 win. They still have an outside chance of automatic promotion.

Bradley Reid got 90 minutes, a booking and his first goal (a tap-in) for relegated Telford in a 3-0 win away at Southport.

Interesting. I do like Jacobs. Has anyone heard/read any good info on how he played during the Blackpool spell?

According to my Blackpool STH work colleague he was quite poor for his first couple of games on the left wing, they have moved him to No. 10 for the last couple of games and he's played well including a good goal on Saturday.

He might have done better as an agent for us as Blackpool are playing Ipswich and Derby in the next week

According to my Blackpool STH work colleague he was quite poor for his first couple of games on the left wing, they have moved him to No. 10 for the last couple of games and he's played well including a good goal on Saturday.

He might have done better as an agent for us as Blackpool are playing Ipswich and Derby in the next week
That's what has perplexed me about the recall.
I can only assume that it is a combination of KJ wanting him out of the negative atmosphere, plus Blackpool wanting their loanees out to start work for next season.

Stuart Alker @stuartalker · 9h 9 hours ago
Can't imagine there being too many #wafc fans expressing disappointment at the news that Leon Clarke has been sent back to Wolves!

Back