• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2014/15 Season

darlowolf64

Supply Teacher & 2020/21 PTG Intertoto Cup winner
Reaction score
Fire away gents...
Kortney Hause to Gillingham

Zeli Ismail is at Notts County

Jake Cassidy > Notts County

So that would be three on loan players, excellent!

Sigurdarson still at Molde (doesn't seem to be doing a great deal).

KJ has said today that as it stands McAlinden will NOT be going out on loan, though there is interest in him.

Guess his move depends on us bringing in a striker. I also reckon he won't go on a window - window loan so we can recall him if needed. So doubt he will go anywhere until the season is about to start or has started.

DW my reading of that, is that if we sign another forward (which we appear to be looking to do) then McAlinden will go out on loan to get regular game time.

I'm undecided, as I'd like to keep him here, as think he's a lot of potential. That said, I wouldn't want him wasting away on the bench.

Who else will we send out on loan?

Davis and Forde will probably go. Could see Ebanks-Landell heading out as well if he can't force his way past Ricketts and Doherty.

Reid, Iorfa, possibly Flatt?

The respectfully named group 3?

Davis would already been out at Barnsley, but appears to want more than they want to give.

Suspect we are only prepared to subsidise wages (if at all) for those who are seen as having a longer term future back here, which I suspect we don't with him.

I went down to Notts County last night to take in their game vs Blouse and our two loanees both played.

Ismail - showed a few glimpses of pace and a few nice touches but really lacked a final ball or end product. He really needs to work on that this season but at the moment he's not going anywhere quickly. He played from the left yesterday rather than his natural RM position. Was substituted at half time.

Cassidy - played the full 90 minutes and was completely anonymous throughout. Didn't link play, couldn't hold up the ball, no goal threat and struggled with the ball at his feet. After seeing him last year and last night I'm really struggling to see how he ever had that run of goals at Tranmere or what KJ sees in him, but what do I know?

Really wanted him to do well last night and show a bit of impetus but it really wasn't there.

As a side note Blouse played okay but Notts didn't offer much competition. Donaldson grabbed two tap ins and Gleeson had a decent game I think they will improve on their shite season last year but won't trouble the play offs.

That's a shame about Ismail but it is only pre-season. How did Shinnie do for Blouse? I quite liked him when I saw him.

Played well actually and scored with a really nice finish

Hause and Cassidy both get starts today, Ismail not in the squad.

Kourtney Hause own goal for MK Dons...

Back