• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2014/15 Season

Let's hope Ikeme is fit and ready to don the gloves

He was targeting the Forest game and being back in full training next week.

Tommy K has done ok and had a very good game on Tuesday but we miss Ikeme a bit. He takes so much pressure off the back 4 with his desire to dominate the area

He was targeting the Forest game and being back in full training next week.

Tommy K has done ok and had a very good game on Tuesday but we miss Ikeme a bit. He takes so much pressure off the back 4 with his desire to dominate the area

Thought Tommy played well on Tuesday but Ikeme definately dominates box so will be good to get him back

A round-up of the midweek fixtures;

Clarke played the full game and had a goal disallowed for Wigan. They're surely doomed now. Jacobs managed an ineffective hour for Blackpool who are even more doomed.

Cassidy got a token 5 minutes for Southend and Reid managed 80 for Telford. Both teams lost as well.

Saville and Cassidy were unused subs.

Slightly concerning that Saville is on loan a league down & still not getting on

Slightly concerning that Saville is on loan a league down & still not getting on

I think it's more conclusive, than concerning. I don't think our first team will be troubled by him again.

1 in 3 success rate on the bigger money signings so far then, Afobe looking like money well spent but Saville not upto much and Clarke already gone effectively, not a great showing.

I always took Clarke's signing as a very specific means to an end though, which was a success lest we forget, so I'd be inclined to discount him in this kind of analysis.

What would you say is average, Mark?

Clarke was about £500k, the same as we paid for Golbourne and McDonald.

Permanent signings of Ricketts, KMac, RVLP, Clarke, Saville, Afobe, Dicko, Golbourne, Hause, Rowe.

I'd say that is 6 successes, albeit that Ricketts was for one season, one doing OK for a first season in English football, one who has mainly been injured and two duds isn't too bad a return.

Permanent signings of Ricketts, KMac, RVLP, Clarke, Saville, Afobe, Dicko, Golbourne, Hause, Rowe.

I'd say that is 6 successes, albeit that Ricketts was for one season, one doing OK for a first season in English football, one who has mainly been injured and two duds isn't too bad a return.

Kuszczak too who has done well on the whole. A couple of iffy goals vs Watford and Brighton but generally he has been fine and our results without Ikeme have stayed good. Lots of clubs would have a major issue if their first choice keeper got ruled out for a couple of months.

I think it's more conclusive, than concerning. I don't think our first team will be troubled by him again.

Just a pity that we spunked the amount of money that we did then - still he's only, what, 21, so suppose there's still time

Back