• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Luton 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

What was it we used to sing?

'Watching Wanderers on a Thursday night, you play Luton 'cos you're fucking shite'

Personally can’t lay any of today on the players. If anything I feel bad for them. All that effort, all that work, in the name of… that.

I really believe we have the players to be a legitimately decent side at this level. Today is entirely on coaching.

Today's VAR decision is new ref makes a call and they don't want to make him look bad. Already out there they have made decisions to protect their friends.
It's not an embarrassing one though, you can hide behind the deflection and him not seeing it. Ultimately Brookes in doing so makes himself look worse than the on field ref

My verdict - I stopped watching after 35 minutes. Utter dross.

It can be argued that Bellegarde cost us the chance of 3 points, but he was sent off after 40 mins.

The 1st half stats tell you all you need to know

Screenshot_20230923_171855_Flashscore.jpg

Today I have watched all of the following:

- No striker vs Luton Town
- Our wide forwards on the wrong side
- Hwang Hee-Chan at RWB
- Matt Doherty at LWB, in the Premier League, in 2023
- Taking off our only nominal striker for a CM, against Luton, with two strikers on the bench

Thank you very much Gary but I have seen enough. We'll let you know.

I've said it's conspiracy theory nonsense, paranoid and not based on logic, why would be the PL care about Wolves?
Yeah I totally agree.

I've always said they're shit, not willingly corrupt.

It doesn't excuse the countless mistakes that have cost us valuable points (we should be 3 points better off this season) but it's not some daft conspiracy against us.

Lee Hughes isn't on VAR.

To their credit Luton were up for it and an intimidating atmosphere helped them start the game well. Slowly but surely we battled back and then a moment of madness put us on the back foot for the rest of the game. Our inept coach decided to add to our problems by deciding we didn't need an attacking option and I have no doubt Pedro with incur his wrath for daring to score a superb goal he had no right to get.

We'd probably have held out for 1-0 as Luton were utterly toothless despite running the game. Then we get the most ludicrous penalty decision go against us and its 1-1. Luton will feel it is the least they deserved but frankly, they are all huff and puff.

We have enough options to be better than we were today. We have better quality but when we play with the handbrake on, we are as ineffective as today's opponents. Shit game, a few flashpoints to talk about and yet another bullshit performance from a referee and VAR. Today's Premier League in a nut shell.

All we want Sa to do is the basics that any normal keeper would but he keeps fucking around like an ego maniac.
On GON I think he’s about 3 points short of where he needs to be already.
The board will buy the crap that we had some bad luck today and at Old Trafford.
Playing without a CF for the final 30 minutes is criminal, this isn’t a hard earnt point at all.
Start the game properly and all the other problems go out the window.
If GON stays to long we’re definitely going down, if he’s replaced by someone of at least some level of PL competence we have a chance.

Today I have watched all of the following:

- No striker vs Luton Town
- Our wide forwards on the wrong side
- Hwang Hee-Chan at RWB
- Matt Doherty at LWB, in the Premier League, in 2023
- Taking off our only nominal striker for a CM, against Luton, with two strikers on the bench

Thank you very much Gary but I have seen enough. We'll let you know.

It's tinkery novice bollocks that he really should be trying out with Walsall or Bolton

O'Neil says we were "very good" second half.

On what basis I do not know.

We were 'less shit'.

Essentially what I told Mini Langers when instead of burning his toast to a crisp last week, the 2nd attempt was only averagely incinerated.

I'd have felt like I was insulting him to call toast attempt #2 'very good'.

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
Back