• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Luton 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

If he's not fit he shouldn't be in the squad.
He is fit but managers do put unfit players on the bench to make up numbers. Nuno once put Boly on the bench and he could just about walk to his seat.

I genuinely think this squad of players are below average and we are about where we should be based on the overall quality. My expectations of them are pretty low, finish 17th.

We'd have won today without a massive fuck up from the ref.
That's a perfectly valid view, I'd argue you undervalue the squad with a good manager by a few places, but that's neither here or there. This though isn't that

"If O'Neil doesn't win manager of the week I'll eat my hat."

It's done to get a reaction after taking an originally totally acceptable ambivalent view on O'Neill and choosing, be it with provocation, to be that guy.

He is fit but managers do put unfit players on the bench to make up numbers. Nuno once put Boly on the bench and he could just about walk to his seat.
Just seems weird to me. Give a kid a fun day out with the first team.

I mean, ideally I'd never have us put anyone on the bench that we didn't feel can be subbed on if needed, but c'est la vie.

They don't care. We are 15th.

I agree with this. I don't think the owners really care what happens as long as we don't go down.

There is no evidence to suggest that we won't be massively struggling to avoid the drop this season based on how/who we've played thus far.

This does not end well. The fans can see it, the owners do not. See City, Leicester.

That's a perfectly valid view, I'd argue you undervalue the squad with a good manager by a few places, but that's neither here or there. This though isn't that

"If O'Neil doesn't win manager of the week I'll eat my hat."

It's done to get a reaction after taking an originally totally acceptable ambivalent view on O'Neill and choosing, be it with provocation, to be that guy.

I'm pretty ambivalent to Wolves as a whole these days.

People on here seemed to want pantomime villains.

Normally it's point scoring to the board though. From the same tree as the not naming enough subs or putting 2 keepers on the bench. As far as we know there's nothing stopping Sasa playing a meaningful part in the game

I agree with this. I don't think the owners really care what happens as long as we don't go down.

There is no evidence to suggest that we won't be massively struggling to avoid the drop this season based on how/who we've played thus far.

This does not end well. The fans can see it, the owners do not. See City, Leicester.
Spot on. Sadly we’re not going to be battling for top half/Europe, which is sad given our first two years. Finishing anywhere from 17-11 makes no difference to how much a club is worth, which is sadly where they appear to be at.

I'm pretty ambivalent to Wolves as a whole these days.

People on here seemed to want pantomime villains.
Then you fall into the Mark bucket of why bother then? Your prerogative, but I didn't / don't post on the Game of Thrones, Rugby, Gaming, Bit Coin and many other threads because I'm ambivalent to them. Not telling you what to do, just explaining why you get the responses you do

Then you fall into the Mark bucket of why bother then? Your prerogative, but I didn't / don't post on the Game of Thrones, Rugby, Gaming, Bit Coin and many other threads because I'm ambivalent to them.

I'm ambivalent for different reasons though. I've just accepted the inevitable so why get angry about it.

We didn't fall into the bottom three under Mick in 2011/12 until about February.

How did that work out.

Fosun weren't here then, I doubt they'd even know about it. All they'll see is, 15th and be happy.

Enjoyed the argument about WH's weird commentary on the matchday thread, a proper throwback to 2014. Ideal as it'll gradually ease us into getting used to being mid table Championship shite again.
Not sure if that's a compliment or not, but either way, thanks.
I just get fed up with Nettttooooooo and yessssssss and Goalllll, So I thought for the sake of those guys who don't have streams (like me) or who couldn't get the Wolves live commentary going (like me) so I thought I'd cut and paste an approximation of a commentary.

"O’Neil added: “There’s a lot at stake when you’re out there and you try to have a calm conversation with the fourth official, which I did while the check was going on.
“I said ‘just so you know mate, we’ve seen that, it’s clearly hit his leg and gone in the opposite direction and then hit him on the hand. The rule states that can’t be a penalty so I trust you’re going to come to the right conclusion’.
“You sit down and trust they will and when they don’t, I then don’t know where to go with that."

This is a fair and measured evaluation on the penalty from GON tbf, but he threw out a weird one when talking about the red card:

"For O’Neil, this was another example of the behaviour he is trying to coach out of his side.
He said: “I only saw it back on the iPad when they were doing the check and it looked like a coming together and it looked like Jean kicked out a little bit.
“I’ll watch it back to have a clear view on it and if he has kicked out, then you can understand the red card.
“Jean is very disappointed about it and apologised to the group and myself.
“It’s something we can’t have. I’ve spoken a lot about trying to fix some of the craziness within the group and this is an extreme version of it. We can’t have it, you can’t be successful in football matches if someone does that."

What does he mean, 'craziness within the group' (Sa brainfarts aside)?

Reactions: b3h
Jesus Tony!
Why do you feel the need to be so superior and so patronising.
Am I doing something that denigrates you as a person?
Am I insulting you in some way?
Am I offending you?
Like I said, if you don't like it (and I couldn't give a flying fuck if you don't approve of it) just go past it.
What is so hard about that?

"O’Neil added: “There’s a lot at stake when you’re out there and you try to have a calm conversation with the fourth official, which I did while the check was going on.
“I said ‘just so you know mate, we’ve seen that, it’s clearly hit his leg and gone in the opposite direction and then hit him on the hand. The rule states that can’t be a penalty so I trust you’re going to come to the right conclusion’.
“You sit down and trust they will and when they don’t, I then don’t know where to go with that."

This is a fair and measured evaluation on the penalty from GON tbf, but he threw out a weird one when talking about the red card:

"For O’Neil, this was another example of the behaviour he is trying to coach out of his side.
He said: “I only saw it back on the iPad when they were doing the check and it looked like a coming together and it looked like Jean kicked out a little bit.
“I’ll watch it back to have a clear view on it and if he has kicked out, then you can understand the red card.
“Jean is very disappointed about it and apologised to the group and myself.
“It’s something we can’t have. I’ve spoken a lot about trying to fix some of the craziness within the group and this is an extreme version of it. We can’t have it, you can’t be successful in football matches if someone does that."

What does he mean, 'craziness within the group' (Sa brainfarts aside)?
I think it's a red herring. I mean Bellegarde has been here a couple of weeks, it's not a coaching or teaching moment pre game, it's just silly and in the moment. Other instances he's probably referring to are inherent in the players. You aren't fixing Sa, doing Sa things, Kilman coming into midfield and getting done by the ball around the side or over the top, Semedo getting caught under the ball, Gomes being a yellow card magnet, Cunha not being able to finish and so on and so forth. That's who they are, you have to coach around it, not hope it won't happen

Last edited:
Back