• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Luton 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Shit.

We should have won, and I'm sure the abysmal decision regarding the penalty will be discussed at length but we barely laid hands on a really poor Luton side. Indeed - they were all over us in the first half, we had players stupidly out of position to try and contain the onslaught. By Luton. No-one was able to take control of the game. We looked uncomfortable in possession throughout. We were slightly better in the 2nd half but even then it was way, way below what we should expect from this squad.

TBH we often look like a clueless, reactive newly promoted side under GoN, there's so little quality on display (other than Neto's superb goal, I can't think of much else to write home about).

Watching Wolves is not fun at all at the moment. I believe we're in for a very long, hard season because we look very, very limited all over the pitch and without a leader on the pitch.

The difference to the Nuno years to this is night and day.

We may stay up, but we're really not a very good side.

I know Luton were at home with their tails up, but the performance today makes us look like their peers, which is pretty shocking considering the money we've spent and that this is our sixth straight PL season

Crap tactics, performance and result. I think the red is the correct decision unfortunately, it's a bit soft but you can't do that. The penalty shouldn't have been given but I thought they were going to score anyway as we were fucking rubbish after the goal up until then. Theres nothing to be encouraged by or look forward to with this Wolves team. It's abject stuff.

Enjoyed the argument about WH's weird commentary on the matchday thread, a proper throwback to 2014. Ideal as it'll gradually ease us into getting used to being mid table Championship shite again.

Last edited:
Dont want to hear a word about VAR.

It only serves to mask the utter incompetence of Gary O'Neil. He needs to be viewed under the harsh light of reality.

I pity every one of you poor cunts forking out the thick end of £630 (and more) to suffer these owners, this manager and a chunk of this squad. Delighted I tapped out in May.

Dont want to hear a word about VAR.

It only serves to mask the utter incompetence of Gary O'Neil. He needs to be viewed under the harsh light of reality.

I pity every one of you poor cunts forking out the thick end of £630 (and more) to suffer these owners, this manager and a chunk of this squad. Delighted I tapped out in May.
I don't do this for fun my friend, you should know that by now

As I asked last week.

Does anyone seriously want to argue that José Sa isn't a massive, massive problem?

Cost us one goal today (crap refereeing decision aside) and should have been three, all because he's a twat.
He's a massive problem.

We urgently need a new keeper, a centre half and a striker. Oh, and an actual manager.

And Kilman should be nowhere near the captain's armband. I don't think I've ever seen him talk.

Well to start with we’re worse off than we were at the same stage last season and with City and Villa next we’re in deep shit.
Yep the red card is a red but it’s proper shithousing, penalty beggars belief. Nevertheless the officials weren’t the most incompetent part of the game today, that falls on our manager and various players.
The first half is utterly abysmal, I mean really bad. Some of them layers rock up when it suits them. GON stop shutting up shop for a point even with 10 men we proved we had the extra quality they didn’t.
All those buffoons saying a good half v Liverpool will mean a win v Luton, it’s BS and we simply fell well short first half.
The most annoying thing is GON has 2 nice excuses to hide behind tonight with the red card and penalty.
Problem is we all saw the first half I’m afraid.

There's a lot to criticise O'Neill for, but we in all likelihood win that game today without the ref/VAR. As I said on the matchday thread, I've argued with many on here about collusion or corruption. I've said it's conspiracy theory nonsense, paranoid and not based on logic, why would be the PL care about Wolves? I'm now off to Tesco to buy Bacofoil as I'm beyond an alternative explanation.

There's a lot to criticise O'Neill for, but we in all likelihood win that game today without the ref/VAR. As I said on the matchday thread, I've argued with many on here about collusion or corruption. I've said it's conspiracy theory nonsense, paranoid and not based on logic, why would be the PL care about Wolves? I'm now off to Tesco to buy Bacofoil as I'm beyond an alternative explanation.
Today's VAR decision is new ref makes a call and they don't want to make him look bad. Already out there they have made decisions to protect their friends.

Where we currently are in the league looks our absolute ceiling, the issue is our floor does look like 19th place.

We were abysmal before the sending off so it wasn’t going to get any better after.

The manager is out of his depth and we seem to have accumulated a squad of players that only want to turn up when we’re playing a top 6 side (and even then we still lose).

Neto the only player coming out of today with any credit. Semedo genuinely putting in a Sunday league performance.
Well said.

He's a massive problem.

We urgently need a new keeper, a centre half and a striker. Oh, and an actual manager.

And Kilman should be nowhere near the captain's armband. I don't think I've ever seen him talk.
We've got two of the three already. I'd play Bentley over Sa now too. Always thought his kicking kept him in but it was a thing of genuine horror today.

I don’t dislike GoN as a person. It’s not his fault he’s manager here - no one of his experience, ability & level turns down the opportunity to manage a club like Wolves. It’s not his fault Hobbs/Shi offered him the role.

But at the moment, he’s taking us down because he’s so, so far out of depth.

I want him gone this evening but Fosun will stick by him until January, by which point we could genuinely find ourselves stranded at the bottom.

Last edited:
Back