• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man arrested for Racism

Does Zaha boo when the others players take the knee?

If you don't agree with the knee and it causes you no harm- then do nothing, say nothing (like the F1 drivers who do not want to take the knee before a race). The only time you should boo is if on the big screen there is a picture of you and a message saying "Players are taking the knee because YOU ARE A MASSIVE RACIST, YES YOU"

This is definitely an education. I had no idea that booing was a way of not taking a knee, a nuanced gesture carefully critiquing a political movement. Those guys and Zaha are actually an alliance. Cool. That said, if the question is one of equivalence, surely Zaha should stand there and boo. He’s allowed to right - does he do that? Booo.

Does Zaha boo when the others players take the knee?

If you don't agree with the knee and it causes you no harm- then do nothing, say nothing (like the F1 drivers who do not want to take the knee before a race). The only time you should boo is if on the big screen there is a picture of you and a message saying "Players are taking the knee because YOU ARE A MASSIVE RACIST, YES YOU"
People can't passively make the same statement though.

Booing, I guess, is the equivalent of not taking the knee.

Conflating the knee with the poltical movement which is BLM is a deliberate attempt to provide an excuse to be a racist prick. It's not any more nuanced than that. Everyone knows the knee is about saying no to racism and yes to equality and not direct support for the wider aims of BLM. To do so makes you either a racist or an easlily led simpleton

I'm sure anyone who genuinely believes anything to the contrary is also convinced that Tommy Morrison goes on pro Israel marches with his NF friends because of his long held interest in Middle Eastern politics

Last edited:
Conflating the knee with the poltical movement which is BLM is a deliberate attempt to provide an excuse to be a racist prick. It's not any more nuanced than that. Everyone knows the knee is about saying no to racism and yes to equality and not direct support for the wider aims of BLM. To do so makes you either a racist or an easlily led simpleton

I'm sure anyone who genuinely believes anything to the contrary is also convinced that Tommy Morrison goes on pro Israel marches with his NF friends because of his long held interest in Middle Eastern politics
Maybe I'm naive but I just don't think we have as many enthusiastic racists as were booing yesterday.

Not all racists are enthusiastic - there are a load of closet racists who will take the chance to join in with others when they can.

I disagree and so do a lot of other people, footballers, and pundits included. BLM introduced taking the Knee to support its movement people now are saying but its not in support of them when it plainly is.

Also surely if combatting Racism is number 3 on their mission Statement / Obective then that is a wider aim of BLM. stopping capitalism and ending colonial countries, which by the way there are actually none now are the main objective.

I also see today the head of BLM UK is fighting for her life in hospital after being shot.
I hope she makes a full recovery, whilst i dislike her politics intensly no one deserves to be shot.

I disagree and so do a lot of other people, footballers, and pundits included.
Name one footballer or pundit who has said they don't support taking the knee because of BLM?

The answer certainly isn't Zaha, he doesn't do the knee because he doesn't feel it goes far enough and is looking for action not gestures

Not all racists are enthusiastic - there are a load of closet racists who will take the chance to join in with others when they can.
And even more who don't realize they're racist in the first place.

Not at all.
BLM uk stated aims were
1. Bring an end to colonialism, and colonial countries
2. Bring down capitalistic governments and resist capitalism.
3. Ensure all people are treated equally and not differently based on the colour of someones skin.

As I said number 3 number fucking 3 is to end Racism
Considering that colonialism and capitalism breed inequality by their very nature, I'd say that those three goals are pretty solidly aligned.

ending colonial countries, which by the way there are actually none now
Just on this point...what are your thoughts on the state of Israel...colonisers no? Or Russia in Crimea? Just off the top of my head.

I would have thought most people would be happy with an organisation having "ending colonial countries" as one of its top objectives? Genuinely can't see an issue with that.

oh look a thread about that guy I wonder what hap

tenor.gif

or will be emboldened when seeing others openly express their views.

I disagree and so do a lot of other people, footballers, and pundits included. BLM introduced taking the Knee to support its movement people now are saying but its not in support of them when it plainly is.

Also surely if combatting Racism is number 3 on their mission Statement / Obective then that is a wider aim of BLM. stopping capitalism and ending colonial countries, which by the way there are actually none now are the main objective.

I also see today the head of BLM UK is fighting for her life in hospital after being shot.
I hope she makes a full recovery, whilst i dislike her politics intensly no one deserves to be shot.
Just on this point...what are your thoughts on the state of Israel...colonisers no? Or Russia in Crimea? Just off the top of my head.

I would have thought most people would be happy with an organisation having "ending colonial countries" as one of its top objectives? Genuinely can't see an issue with that.
I wonder how far away from Gibraltar does he live?

You and everybody like you who trot out this tired BLM trope are nothing but reductionist.

You refer to BLM as if its a huge monolithic organisation all pulling in one direction with one defined focus.

They deliver a message that crosses alot of ordinary dividers like social class, wealth, educational attainment etc

You try to point to the elimination of racial inequality as number 3 as if its some sort of gotcha but you couldn't be more wrong.

I won't bore you with a full blown political science paper but in bullet points

The root cause of slavery was coloialism.​
Colonialism was driven by capitalism​

The tenet of capitalism is the ownership of resources and free markets.​

The owners of resources are predominately white.​

The colonialisation remains to this day as does the capitalistic thirst for resources (oil etc).​

So what they are saying in their stated aims is that its their belief they can't eliminate racism and inequality without reform to capitalism to temper its excesses or they can't do it at all in a capitalist society.

Bringing it back to the wide cross section of society you will have factions who are focused on taking a knee and peaceful protest, social disobedience and then those on the fringes who want chaos and violence. This is equally true of a political party, Take Back The Night or Extinction Rebellion.

Pointing out the other clubs or Zaha merely indicates that they want more so inadvertently you're saying don't do the knee its meaningless and then contradict yourself/become a hypocrite the moment you condemn anybody taking more explicit action.

You and everybody like you who trot out this tired BLM trope are nothing but reductionist.

You refer to BLM as if its a huge monolithic organisation all pulling in one direction with one defined focus.

They deliver a message that crosses alot of ordinary dividers like social class, wealth, educational attainment etc

You try to point to the elimination of racial inequality as number 3 as if its some sort of gotcha but you couldn't be more wrong.

I won't bore you with a full blown political science paper but in bullet points

The root cause of slavery was coloialism.​
Colonialism was driven by capitalism​

The tenet of capitalism is the ownership of resources and free markets.​

The owners of resources are predominately white.​

The colonialisation remains to this day as does the capitalistic thirst for resources (oil etc).​

So what they are saying in their stated aims is that its their belief they can't eliminate racism and inequality without reform to capitalism to temper its excesses or they can't do it at all in a capitalist society.

Bringing it back to the wide cross section of society you will have factions who are focused on taking a knee and peaceful protest, social disobedience and then those on the fringes who want chaos and violence. This is equally true of a political party, Take Back The Night or Extinction Rebellion.

Pointing out the other clubs or Zaha merely indicates that they want more so inadvertently you're saying don't do the knee its meaningless and then contradict yourself/become a hypocrite the moment you condemn anybody taking more explicit action.
Also worth pointing out when Colin Kaepernick started his protest in the NFL Trump immediately went to disrespecting the flag and the military. It was neither of those things, but conveniently became the narrative that people could rally behind and use to dismiss what the protest was really about

Back