• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Carabao Cup Build Up Thread

Well, given the side we have out there and our own expectation, that is one HELL of a performance so far.

Regardless of final score, they should be proud of themselves.

I'd back myself to have scored at least one of his chances tonight. Don't get me wrong, he's been brilliant, but he can't finish his dinner.

I would stop commenting on that. Think you might be misjudging the mood...

#ProtectBright

Wolves first team to stop City scoring since Man Utd in April - scored 57 in 17 since then

So Bright hasn't managed to finish one off, but pretty much all of our chances have been created by him tonight. Still my MOTM. Bravo for them obvs...

I am staggered that anyone could criticise any of our players tonight. With basically a reserve team, we have not only held the best team in the country, but had chances ourselves as well.

Absolutely magnificent from everyone in gold and black.

Sane on now as well. I think Pep is taking our efforts VERY seriously. And that is something to be proud of.

This is not our first team by any means & no one else (Premier or Champions league) have held them over a 90 min match this season

They have been superb - Bright has been our best player so far - not scored, but how many games has he had really

I just wish we could have brought Jota on for him instead of Leo. We need someone with pace up there to counter their obvious possession/pressure now. Can't see Leo getting a sniff.

Have a feeling we met let slip before a PS but I’m still delighted with our efforts.

Sane on now as well. I think Pep is taking our efforts VERY seriously. And that is something to be proud of.

de Bruyne, Sane... Good to see players that might make it on to our subs' bench in a couple of seasons...

Back