• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle 0 Wolves 2 Verdict thread.

Superb low save by Ikeme.

How on earth did we not score in that huge box melee? Bod had two decent chances but really should have stuck the last one away!

Nice finish from Costa for his goal. The comms said Edwards won the ball but he seemed to be gifted it after standing there initially just watching their player.

Anita's red card was very harsh. Booking at worst for me. They'll appeal that surely.

Saiss was quality. Gave nothing away at all. Bod was tireless and we deserved the win. Absolutely buzzing. I missed the Steve Bull masterclass on that new years day and have never seen Wolves win at Newcastle.... I have now!

Carl had a good game, made one great save at 0-0 and commanded his area well. His distribution could have been a bit better.
I thought Newcastle were getting on top, till we went one up. Very good passing and movement, but they had no end product to finish it off.
There were many times that a wolves player wasn't aware where his team mates were. Where Newcastle players had more of an awareness, of where his team mates were, so they more pretty to watch. This is probably down to so many new players coming to Wolves in such a short time.
At the moment, we are a work in progress. I thought Zenga won the tactical battle today. He made the most of what we have, where Newcastle were over confident, until they went down.
I thought, Newcastle fans were very quiet, Wolves fans were superb and the referee was a home banker.
Cheers lads.

Glad Costa is fit now looks like he will be a real handful along with Cav Tex and Dicko. I had us down to lose this one so delighted to get the win. I think we will only really know how good we really are after another 5 to 10 games. Siass name mentioned a lot I hope he can stay fit. Cracking win that a bottle of Aldis finest is on ice ready for consumption.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Home now after a great afternoon! Wolves fans support throughout was excellent - after the second goal the noise level hurt my ears! Good team performance - we denied them time and space in midfield and they seemed clueless how to to break us down. That said they appeared to turn up expecting to win and never seemed to reach our effort levels. We looked solid throughout with some ability when going forward - Costa took his goal beautifully and from thereon in there was only going to be one team winning it. Iorfa seemed to do a lot more organising than I've seen him do before, but its the first time I've seen him at centre back. Ikeme was excellent in my book, made one particularly good save at 0-0 and commanded his box well all game. Saiss was just what we needed in midfield and contributed greatly to the solidity I spoke of. Very satisfying afternoon. I listened to BBC Radio Newcastle on the way home and their reporter made a very Dean Saunderesque comment that made me chuckle "We were awful from number one to number eleven - and that contributed to a bad team performance".

Fantastic result after Tuesday's debacle.

Isn't football an enigma at times? Look at some of the results today. Not as good as ours though. ;)

Superb stuff.

Superb reffing on the red card incident. Took his time before awarding the card. I hate refs that steam in with the card out as it shows they haven't thought about it at all. Top work from the official

After Tuesdays mess, good to see our full backs (certainly Doherty) getting forward in the highlights

Superb reffing on the red card incident. Took his time before awarding the card. I hate refs that steam in with the card out as it shows they haven't thought about at all. Top work from the official

After Tuesdays mess, good to see our full backs (certainly Doherty) getting forward in the highlights

at a Wolves game wow!

This certainly is a nice way to end a torrid week.

Up The Wolves!!!

Saiss or CBJ were MOTM for me.

Both were pretty imperious all game

Superb reffing on the red card incident. Took his time before awarding the card. I hate refs that steam in with the card out as it shows they haven't thought about at all. Top work from the official

I agree, I'm not sure he made the correct decision but it was excellent that he gave himself time to consider and think before brandishing a card.

Great win and the highlights made it look deserved.

For all those wanting to see the highlights they are available on the Sky Sports Centre App

Superb reffing on the red card incident. Took his time before awarding the card. I hate refs that steam in with the card out as it shows they haven't thought about it at all. Top work from the official

True. Shame he still got it wrong though.

Lol. He's taken his initials off his shirt because it's about the club/team not him.

A bit Dean-esque.

He can do what he likes with his shirt as long as the team keep playing like this and getting results like this.

He's certainly not your run-of-the-mill coach, is he?

OK own up, who has hacked into kennys account.

Back