• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle 0 Wolves 2 Verdict thread.

Slightly more extended highlights on C5 - how was Diame not sent off?!

With George's blazer and Adam Virgo's attempt at looking like a fat David Walliams it is tough to concentrate on any highlights.

U23s play on Monday against Middlesbrough so I reckon he'll play 90 minutes in that one. Better for him than only getting part of a game for the first team.

Tim II said Stears, Price, Wallace, Silvio and John were there today but didn't mention Nouha.

If I recall, he said that he didn't know if Dicko was there (Newcastle) or whether someone could bring him up.

They're training at Sunderland on Monday so maybe a local fan could keep a look-out?

Cracking result. Less changes than usual (I think there was 3 this time?) and they worked out pretty well by all accounts. Was surprised to Saiss in from start, everywhere I've read have him as one of the star men. Looks like he could be hugely important this season.

We have the game on Tuesday to experiment but I think from there we should start to see a more settled side. We have good depth which is good for competition and also to not burn out important players, but we need s core who play regularly to give us stability!

Slightly more extended highlights on C5 - how was Diame not sent off?!

The punditry on this show is embarrassing. The other week Virgo talked about how it was clear our side had too many new players despite having started 8 players from last season. Today they were chatting on about how players would be looking forward to going to the Sports Direct Arena to play so an illustrious side as Newcastle. Today we had a loanee from Man Utd, 2 guys out of Ligue 1 starting 11s, Dave Edwards who despite what people think about him was part of a Wolves side that beat Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea in the same season and then a mix of people with experience at Benfica and Monaco. Non of them will have any intimidation of going to any ground in this league.

I can't believe that fat cunt Adam Virgo is a year younger than me, he looks fucking dreadful.

The punditry on this show is embarrassing. The other week Virgo talked about how it was clear our side had too many new players despite having started 8 players from last season. Today they were chatting on about how players would be looking forward to going to the Sports Direct Arena to play so an illustrious side as Newcastle. Today we had a loanee from Man Utd, 2 guys out of Ligue 1 starting 11s, Dave Edwards who despite what people think about him was part of a Wolves side that beat Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea in the same season and then a mix of people with experience at Benfica and Monaco. Non of them will have any intimidation of going to any ground in this league.

I can't believe that fat cunt Adam Virgo is a year younger than me, he looks fucking dreadful.

:icon_lol:

Top ranting sir.

Don't forget that Bod played in a European Championship quarter final against the host nation about two months ago and was signed from Kaiserslautern who are arguably as big a club relatively speaking as Newcastle (have certainly won more in living memory) and average 35k gates.

Still, at least Holloway isn't on this show. His "expert analysis" after the Reading game on Sky's highlights was something else.

What a performance today after the shambles of Tuesday.

From back to front, we played as team, denied Newcastle too much in the way of opportunities and could have won by more goals.

For me, we stick with this team for now, with Cavilero coming in for Teixeira on the left. Depending on opposition, Edwards or Tex interchangeable, depending on whether we need to press or need to be creative. With the likes of Graham and Dicko to come back in, it's scary the options we having in an attacking sense.

Ikeme. A brilliant save at 0 0 from Perez, good command of the box and distributed well at times. Another good one on one save later on. Well deserved clean sheet. 9

CBJ. He will be some player. Good on the ball and defended well. Should stay first choice. 8

Batth. Won everything in the air, very solid today. 8

Iorfa. Probably the best I've seen him at cb, probably put in to combat Gayle. He keeps his place on this evidence. 8

Doherty. Still tucks in too much, but played his part, including a great late run. 7

Teixeira. He's gone of the boil a little, and probably isn't really a winger. Didn't offer too much, but worked back reasonably well. As mentioned earlier, I'd like to see him in the #10 position. 6

Saiss. He looks a significant good upgrade on our current midfielders. Good positioning, reading of the game and shielded the back four very well. Looks a good passer and nearly scored a free kick Looking forward to seeing more of him. 9 MOTM

Prince. Complemented Saiss well, covered plenty of ground to win the ball back. Best game yet from him. 8

Edwards. Looked less leggy than of late, and did what he does. Perfect for this game. 8

Costa. Impressive game, ran with the ball well, worked hard for the side and scored a lovely goal. 8

Bodvarsson. What a player. Led the line very well, unlucky not to score and ran himself into the ground again. Our best signing. 9

Subs.

Cavilero. Looks to be finding his feet, some good running and could have scored late on. 7

Mason. Worked hard to help see the game out 6

Coady. Late sub

Great day out. It's gonna be a roller coaster of a season, and I'll take that after the tedium of what we were expecting under Jackett.

:icon_lol:

Top ranting sir.

Don't forget that Bod played in a European Championship quarter final against the host nation about two months ago and was signed from Kaiserslautern who are arguably as big a club relatively speaking as Newcastle (have certainly won more in living memory) and average 35k gates.

Still, at least Holloway isn't on this show. His "expert analysis" after the Reading game on Sky's highlights was something else.

Yeah I may have let that get to me more than it should! I follow Lynsdey Hipgrave on Twitter as actually quite like her but I tweeted her to ask if Virgo even looks at the scores before the show and compared him to Lionel Hutz if he was a pundit. I appreciate he can't know everything about every team, but Sterling spends all week prepping. Virgo appears to do zero research, I wouldn't mind if he was an occasional but he's been on every week I've seen.

I can't believe that fat $#@! Adam Virgo is a year younger than me, he looks $#@!ing dreadful.

Which one was it again that had that insightful nugget that "teams can beat other teams" or something to that effect? I'm crap with names

Hendre is the one who looks like the little alien thing from Mac and Me, Virgo is the fat one and I forget the host but he is the one dressed like a hipster who'd ride a one geared bike to go buy Vinyl he'd never actually listen to but constantly refer to 'how it just sounds better'.

Great win I only listenned on radio but this Sais bloke sounds perfect fit. Tuesday was a massive blow but this result is the tonic.
This is a crazy division and the fact that we could be 17th if we'd have lost is a sobering thought. People rightly questioned WTF
is going on after Barnsley and the manager got it right this time. Its gonna be up and down till we have a settled team I still
think we're a good bet for the play offs.
To all the lads and lasses who went YOU RULED the support was superb and as loud as anything.

So hungover. What a win. We were quality yesterday, such a deserved result. Saiss or Borthwick-Jackson motm for me.

Once we got going I reckon that's the loudest away following I've been in, the noise was immense!

Superb reffing on the red card incident. Took his time before awarding the card. I hate refs that steam in with the card out as it shows they haven't thought about it at all. Top work from the official

After Tuesdays mess, good to see our full backs (certainly Doherty) getting forward in the highlights

Joking aside, I totally agree. The referee took his time, allowed the physio on, and then brought the player over. He had given himself that vital few seconds to consider what action to take.

It was certainly noticeable on the commentary. Well done to everyone who went. I'd have liked to have gone but it's just too much of a journey!

What a great day out. Early start, plenty of home and away fans mingling in every pub with no bother whatsoever. The stadium is great but the view does make you feel like you are somewhat detached from the action. Back to the pub after the match. Didn't want to leave!

Virgo just looks like a fat Grant Holt to me, as ifnthat was possible.

Back