• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Next Manager

Nuno was 6 years ago and just look at the decisions made since they sacked him! The only good one they've made since then was pushing for Lop, but that was only because Beale and Edwards turned us down!!!

Edwards wasn't offered the head coach role?

Fosun make mainly shit decisions of late, but not every one. I'm ready to roll the dice

Its time to pull out the Einstein meme

1695581238611.png

Why are people leaning towards Ralph being a decent fit? Not saying he isn’t or is, just thought he wasn’t great at Southampton from memory?

Why are people leaning towards Ralph being a decent fit? Not saying he isn’t or is, just thought he wasn’t great at Southampton from memory?
Thought he did a fair job at Southampton, had them comfortably mid table for a while (a few rogue results thrown in), had his best players sold and eventually they got what they deserved. He wouldn't be my first choice but suspect he's as good as well get atm and I think better than GON.

Heard a saying few tears ago thst every premier league manager is only 6 to 8 games away from the sack, look to Ten Haag now after a competent 1st season.
If Hobbsy wants a young British manager then its either McKenna or the defacto Bayern manager this week Barry whilst Tuchal was off (sorry for playing same record as last year) either them or Ralphy.

Went sour at the end but that happens.

When he came in at Southampton he added an energy to them. His behaviour will get the fans behind him.

A bit emotional and not perfect but I just think he will lift the players and get results that match up to the squad we have.
He would probably fall into the area between Lopetegui and GO in terms of ability, which is a big improvement.
Would love to go back to shopping in the market for a top class manager but we have fucked things up too much for now.

Extra bonus...he has worked with the forward we will sign in January before..

Went sour at the end but that happens.

When he came in at Southampton he added an energy to them. His behaviour will get the fans behind him.

A bit emotional and not perfect but I just think he will lift the players and get results that match up to the squad we have.
He would probably fall into the area between Lopetegui and GO in terms of ability, which is a big improvement.
Would love to go back to shopping in the market for a top class manager but we have fucked things up too much for now.

Extra bonus...he has worked with the forward we will sign in January before..
Fairs, I can’t remember their style of football tbf.

Has he managed Kieffer Moore before?…

I mean technically it could get worse, but think its pretty unlikely.
It's pretty feasible that we could sack GON and then have Davis in charge whilst Hobbs scrabbles around for a replacement and plumps for Smith or Lampard, both of which were on his shortlist a few weeks ago.

That would be worse.

Last edited:
1. Potter (no chance)
2. Nuno (no chance)
3. Ralph

We replaced Lopetegui with Gary O'Neil.

Why is there optimism?

It's just blind faith, or hope. Akin to Sunak's prediction of halving inflation, all the evidence suggests it's not going to happen, but he still believes it.

It's pretty feasible that we could sack GON and then have Davis in charge whilst Hobbs scrabbles around for a replacement and plumps for Smith or Lampard, both of which were on his shortlist a few works ago.

That would be worse.
I'm not sure it would be actually (I don't want any of those mind). I'd like to have given him longer but he just doesn't have it. Poor game management, terrible subs, confused tactics at times. I'm not sure he has any redeeming features tbh, I suppose you could say he's set us up a few times with decent tactics if you're being kind but it soon goes to shit.

It's pretty feasible that we could sack GON and then have Davis in charge whilst Hobbs scrabbles around for a replacement and plumps for Smith or Lampard, both of which were on his shortlist a few works ago.

That would be worse.

Think Smith would be slight improvement on GON, Lampard would see us finish below Luton

We replaced Lopetegui with Gary O'Neil.

Why is there optimism?

It's just blind faith, or hope. Akin to Sunak's prediction of halving inflation, all the evidence suggests it's not going to happen, but he still believes it.
Halving inflation was a shoe in when he announced it.

Back