• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Notts Forest 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Look at the state of the positions of our midfield. You want to explain why we have difficulty scoring, start with looking at that. We're essentially playing with a back 8.

Would hope Neto & Sarabia in for the two wider players could help a lot with that.

I’m glad I found a first half graphic because the second half changes, positional changes for Nunes, Toti and Kilman would have messed up the 90 Grahphic.

Was one of the most baffling first half’s I’ve ever watched. Particularly when you factor in the level of opposition, thr zero press, the amount of possession, the zero attacking threat and still giving up some decent chances

We move the ball too slow, it's two-touch all the time because of lack of movement in midfield. Nothing is created through the middle of the pitch. I'm hoping the lack of Neves might encourage Lopetegui to play Nunes through the middle of midfield and at least give another
option to Podence/Adama as an out-ball. Wouldn't hold my breath though.
He'll probably go with Lemina and Moutinho. Yawn.
*Neves not nerves. F***ing Auto correct
Think the diagram confirms this.

Don’t worry, he’s out for two games now so we can soar to new heights without the deadweight that is Ruben Neves holding us back. A glorious foretaste of next season, hooray.

If only it were so simple as best group of individuals = best team, the dynamics are far more complicated than that.

If only it were so simple as best group of individuals = best team, the dynamics are far more complicated than that.
Haha, we've been here before. Yes of course it's more complicated than just picking your 'best' 11, but if you pick the best players in a role that suits them, it's a good start to base your tactics on.

Haha, we've been here before. Yes of course it's more complicated than just picking your 'best' 11, but if you pick the best players in a role that suits them, it's a good start to base your tactics on.
Maybe, depends how that individual's style affects the performance of those around them. You might have one player who's head and shoulders above the others but if you've not got anyone that compliments that approach then surely you ditch them and do what suits the majority?

Very few individuals are that good to justify an entire team being built around them, I don't see Neves in that bracket personally, even for a club of Wolves' stature. There have been perfectly acceptable performances without him before and there will be again. I mean look at that graphic posted earlier, he's not bringing anything to that performance that two very ordinary centre halves aren't already doing, hardly raising the bar.

Yeah, at times Neves has been the only positive to come out of a game. Newcastle at home early in the season he was immense. But, and I say this with some sadness, there are also times when you need a player to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and dictate it, and he just doesn't do it, when you feel like he could.

Back