• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Notts Forest 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Depends on what evidence they have. I can't see how they can charge him based on what we have seen, so you have to assume there's something damning

Is it the case that they can punish him on the balance of probability rather than absolute proof? I haven't met a non-Wolves fan that doesn't think it overwhelmingly likely that he spat at him

Yes in theory, but with spitting surely you have to be able to see spit? It's not like Johnson had a Rudi Voeller type greeny running down his face. I don't see how you can ban a player for making a shape with his mouth, which without the spit is all you have

Is it the case that they can punish him on the balance of probability rather than absolute proof? I haven't met a non-Wolves fan that doesn't think it overwhelmingly likely that he spat at him
It's their ball, their rules. It's not a criminal court.

Shelvey got done for being racist towards Saiss despite Saiss not understanding a word he said, as his English was non-existent at the time.

Bruno didn't get investigated for pushing the linesman, they just make it up as they go along.

It’s just part of the process. Surely if he just says “I was blowing a kiss” or similar then they have nothing to to prove otherwise.

Didn’t watch the game. Only seen the sky sports highlight but even if he didn’t spit, to me even a ‘fake spit’ is stupidity, embarrassing and I’d happily see him gone in the summer.

Someone said on hear he could’ve been mouthing something? Naturally can’t be certain but I’d be very, very shocked if that’s the case.

Didn’t look good, and not suprised there’s retrospective action

Didn’t watch the game. Only seen the sky sports highlight but even if he didn’t spit, to me even a ‘fake spit’ is stupidity, embarrassing and I’d happily see him gone in the summer.

Someone said on hear he could’ve been mouthing something? Naturally can’t be certain but I’d be very, very shocked if that’s the case.

Didn’t look good, and not suprised there’s retrospective action
It's a Tory crime road you're going down there.

Intention to spit is Minority Report stuff.

It’s just part of the process. Surely if he just says “I was blowing a kiss” or similar then they have nothing to to prove otherwise.
I’d imagine there must be more than him pulling a face for the charge. Imagine it will come out later tonight

Not sure how she wants police to prevent crimes that haven't happened.
Got you.

Perhaps poorly articulated in my part.

It was more a personal standpoint that faking spitting at someone to get a reaction, is fucking grotesque as well IMO. Obviously you can be charged with spitting if you haven’t spat. It was more a comment on his character, if he had just motioned to do it

2 o clock to his mouth. Could just be a sctrach on the photo though Screenshot_20230405_184917_Twitter.jpg

I’d imagine there must be more than him pulling a face for the charge. Imagine it will come out later tonight
The charge just means he’s got a case to answer. They want to be seen as investigating it and find out what the fuck he was doing, and rightly so. He will answer it and that will be that.

Not charging him would be ignoring it and brushing it away (like Fernandes). This way they are seen to be acting, but there will be no punishment. Unless obviously there is damning evidence or they just hate wolves.

Back