• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Notts Forest 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

We’re asking Dawson to do much. Doesn’t help that midfielders are hiding or next to him. He’s also then got no chance on the counter against someone like Dennis who was giving Semedo a hard time. Taking him off (Dennis) for a CB was mental as we were creating nothing and they had the total beating of us.

Still not understanding the hate for Costa. He put himself about which allowed us to win second balls we weren’t winning and makes the selfless runs in behind for Podence and Sarabia to drop short. Very low bar but it’s miles better than Cunha who doesn’t challenge and well, I’m not really sure what he did and Raul who has given up being physical. Costa might actually score a goal if we ever create a chance too.

Sadly he probably can’t do 90 but I’d be bringing him on after 60 every week.

It's the natural end for loads of them.

Costa and Adama will leave on frees.
Neves will surely go this time.
Pains me to say it but it's time up for Joao unless he accepts a really minimal role, and why would he do that.
Raul seems more or less done at this level.
Podence has one year left on his deal and doesn't start that often.
Ait-Nouri can't get in the matchday squad.

Then you get into judgement calls on the likes of Sa, Kilman and Nunes, all of whom I'd happily sort out their train fare to wherever.
Shedding a lot of players, not generating a lot of cash though. Rightly or wrongly, the value of RAN is plummeting as it screams character concerns

Also Neves shouldn’t escape this game without criticism. For our captain, talisman etc. he was utter dire today. So many shit balls cut out which set up the counter.

Assume we stay up, very much an if rather than a when, we don't have the financial wriggle room to make wholesale changes unless Guedes and Nunes are actually bought
Guedes will go. Neves will be sold, maybe Nunes too. Traore leaves on a free.

As already said before, our players don'y seem to have the hunger for a dog fight - perhaps they've never had to.
Lemina has fallen completely since his debut, Nunes doesn't seem bothered, Cunha, well i don't know what he's supposed to be.
Podence is a complete dick, but he's our only likely scorer at present.
If we stay up, I think we need virtually a new team, and lets get away from the Iberian connection.

We’re asking Dawson to do much. Doesn’t help that midfielders are hiding or next to him. He’s also then got no chance on the counter against someone like Dennis who was giving Semedo a hard time. Taking him off (Dennis) for a CB was mental as we were creating nothing and they had the total beating of us.
Dawson is doing one and a half jobs while he has Passive Max as his "partner". I cannot overstate how much he boils my piss. Do fucking SOMETHING you big pear.

Toti is raw as all hell but I would happily pick him next to Dawson for the rest of the season if we really must have a left/right balance (I don't think we do need to do that, but whatever).

I don't  want to add too much, but I'm going to anyway. From what I saw we were fucking awful and easily one of the 3 worst teams in the division. I missed the goal and the spitting incident from Podence, so can't comment on either. If it is confirmed that Podence did spit at another player however, it simply confirms everything I felt about him, that he's a loathsome, nasty little cunt who I never wish to see pull on a Wolves shirt again. Even more than I already never wanted to see him pull on a Wolves shirt again.

Lopetegui needs to stop changing the team on a match by match basis, unless it's enforced, like the Neves change will be. Play to win, not to not lose, and stop with the pathetic whingeing victimhood. We'll probably go down, but at least go down with a fight and not roll over and let the other teams near the bottom tickle our tummies. Or more likely stamp on our heads.

Still not understanding the hate for Costa. He put himself about which allowed us to win second balls we weren’t winning and makes the selfless runs in behind for Podence and Sarabia to drop short. Very low bar but it’s miles better than Cunha who doesn’t challenge and well, I’m not really sure what he did and Raul who has given up being physical. Costa might actually score a goal if we ever create a chance too.
Got an assist today too. I agree he was fine when he came on. Was at least regularly available for a ball through the middle.

That generates about 70m max. We best get onto Brighton's recruitment team.
£70m straight in the books as profit allows a lot more than that to be spent that is amortised.

Dawson is doing one and a half jobs while he has Passive Max as his "partner". I cannot overstate how much he boils my piss. Do fucking SOMETHING you big pear.

Toti is raw as all hell but I would happily pick him next to Dawson for the rest of the season if we really must have a left/right balance (I don't think we do need to do that, but whatever).
Max kept losing headers to Johnson and MGW today which did my nut. Whereas the CBs at the other end are winning the long balls easily. Toti is given too much grief. Played well out of position today and was no worse an attacking outlet than Semedo. His aggression is also a massive asset. Looks uncomfortable on the ball at times but isn’t actually as bad as he looks.

If we can get our money back for Nunes then he can absolutely go. There’s probably a talented player there somewhere but he’s certainly not showing it for us.
Some players need front foot teams, I think he's one of them. TAA would be awful in a team lower down the league

Max kept losing headers to Johnson and MGW today which did my nut. Whereas the CBs at the other end are winning the long balls easily. Toti is given too much grief. Played well out of position today and was no worse an attacking outlet than Semedo. His aggression is also a massive asset. Looks uncomfortable on the ball at times but isn’t actually as bad as he looks.
Kilman loses headers to those types players because he's got no spring at all. He's about 6 foot 3 and doesn't get much higher when he jumps

We look disjointed all over the pitch. Compare us now to peak Nuno when there were effective partnerships everywhere and I don't think the drop off in individual quality of player is particularly great if at all. Forwards don't play together, wide players aren't, midfield isn't...defence is probably the most consistent as you would think if fit and available there is at least a first choice back four....everywhere else selection is a lottery.

Lopetegui looks a bit lost at the moment and so do the players.

Forgot the say, our build up play is so slow that opposition invariably have 10 behind the ball by the time we exit our own half. We and most teams have trouble against teams that run at you with pace, which N F were doing on many occasions and which led to their numerous chances - luckily they weren't taken.

We’re asking Daniel “Flick & Fall” Podence to save us.

Says it all, doesn’t it.

Out of all the players that featured today, I think only Neto & Beuno are the ones I’d be really bothered about losing. Obviously, I’ll also be gutted to lose Ruben but I don’t include him as he deserves far better than another season of playing for us.

Regardless of whether we stay up or go down, there will have to be plenty of changes to this squad. it feels as if Lop is playing Football Manager with the amount of different players and tactics he is using. The only consistency with the team is the poor performances they are putting in.

Last edited:
Back