• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Notts Forest 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

We have a manager who doesn’t know his best 11. Regularly picks the wrong side and is forced to make early changes because of this. At best those early changes have a 50/50 hit rate between working and losing us the game. He’s also ingrained a victim culture in the squad. The players themselves don’t seem arsed and most of them are playing like they know they won’t be here next season one way or another. It’s a farce from top to bottom.

All this talk of “we just need to be better than three other teams”. Well we are a team that cannot score, create next to nothing and look sloppy at the back. I think we are comfortably in the worst three teams in the league (not on paper, but in reality). Getting results like today is not sustainable. You can’t expect to score the one shot on target you create on an ongoing basis.

Personally, I think we’ll go down.

We’re not getting anything against Chelsea, Man Utd, Brighton or Arsenal. That’s effectively half of our remaining games. Then you’re banking on at least two wins against clubs like we’ve played today - and having lost to Leeds and Bournemouth recently, then hardly laying a glove on Forest today, I’ve got absolutely no confidence that we have the fight and quality to beat those teams scrapping around us.

Given how much we’ve spent, it’s criminal from everyone concerned but it’s where we are.

Chelsea are shite, we should be targeting that as a win.

1) We need at least 2 wins from somewhere and we can't be picky
2) They are not very good (losing again right now and could be 2-0 down)
3) They will have one and a half eyes on their CL game on the Wednesday following

Forest are shite and we hadn’t had a shot on target after 70 minutes against them. Chelsea will be rubbing their hands together at the thought of playing us.

I'm sure they will with their mighty 4 wins since the World Cup (fewer than we've managed, and you have us down as the worst team in the universe).

We've beaten Liverpool and Spurs at home in the last couple of months. In the latter we had the rub of the green, but in the former we were deserved winners. No guarantees we'll beat Chelsea but the correct side with the correct mentality would make a world of difference. He's not picked that since that Liverpool game

I'm sure they will with their mighty 4 wins since the World Cup (fewer than we've managed, and you have us down as the worst team in the universe).
I don’t have us down as “the worse team in the universe”. I just think we’ll go down 🤷‍♂️

Could have fooled me.

We were crap today for all bar about 20 inconsequential minutes. Doesn't mean we're as bad as you say we are.

I’d go
Sa
Semedo - Dawson - Toti - Bueno
Lamina - Gomes
Sarabia - Cunha - Neto
Raul​
Against Chelsea. Maybe Raul for Traore B and push Cunha forward

Last edited:
Chelsea are shite, we should be targeting that as a win.

1) We need at least 2 wins from somewhere and we can't be picky
2) They are not very good (losing again right now and could be 2-0 down)
3) They will have one and a half eyes on their CL game on the Wednesday following

They are and we should. However, I can't see us scoring more than one and I am doubtful we'll keep a clean sheet. I think we'll fluke a win, a few draws and stay up but we are desperate.

Having had a break after the Leeds game, I’d hoped the manager would have simplified things and come up with some sort of plan for the next few matches where we could see some positives. It’s slightly worrying that the team he picked was more random than ever today.

Could have fooled me.

We were crap today for all bar about 20 inconsequential minutes. Doesn't mean we're as bad as you say we are.
There are lots of people saying we’re as bad as I am.

I’d go
Sa
Semedo - Dawson - Kilman - Bueno
Lamina - Gomes
Sarabia - Cunha - Neto
Raul​
Against Chelsea. Maybe Raul for Traore B and push Cunha forward
Toti for Kilman, IMO, but I like it.

There are lots of people saying we’re as bad as I am.
Are there?

Like, how are we a worse team than Leicester and West Ham, for instance, we've been outperforming both for ages despite being shit? Or Southampton for that matter who managed to lose 3 times in a year to a Bruno Lage team then lose to us from 1-0 up against 10 men.

Are we worse than Forest who have scored 4 goals away from home all season and are 7 without a win?

I don't see anyone else saying that.

Could have fooled me.

The trouble is that can be said of any of our last 5 or 6 games. Since Liverpool we've been awful for large parts of every game, and seem to regularly have periods where we totally lose our focus and composure. I feel like that is a problem that puts us squarely in the relegation firing line, because no matter how well we can play in brief patches, our bad spells are considerably longer and considerably worse than the general poorness of many of the teams down near the bottom. We are a period of madness away from losing every single game, regardless of how well we can occasionally play.

When DW put up the thread for how things would end up in all competitions I put us down as coming 18th for more reverse psychology. I’m now pretty sure we will go down now. I’m just not getting the starting lineups and how he sees the game, we are stacked with nice technical players who look good on the eye but are totally incapable of creating and scoring enough.
The last two opponents people on here before the fixture have boasted about how they’re inferior to us and we should win, 1 point from 6 says everything.

Are there?

Like, how are we a worse team than Leicester and West Ham, for instance, we've been outperforming both for ages despite being shit? Or Southampton for that matter who managed to lose 3 times in a year to a Bruno Lage team then lose to us from 1-0 up against 10 men.

Are we worse than Forest who have scored 4 goals away from home all season and are 7 without a win?

There are a lot of people saying they think we’ll go down, yes. Literally look at the two posts directly above mine, for a start.

Pointless debate and not sure why you’ve singled my posts out again but here we are.

Are there?

Based on what we saw today?

IMO, it wasn't at all clear that we're not worse than them, to be honest.

Back