• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Notts Forest 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The teams around us have more desire, more fight and more spirit than us.

That’s why we have failed to beat Bournemouth and Leeds recently, and again today.

We have the talent but not the hunger - and if we’re not careful we’ll go down.

We were shit everywhere today - no exceptions and no real decent performances. Not singling Neves out but he’s our best player, haven’t seen him play a decent forward pass for a while and now he’s out for two weeks.

Our lack of legs was evident today, Moutinho suddenly looks his age and Lemina has fallen off a cliff since his Gerrard-like debut.

Cunha/Sarabia/Podence/Traore/Neto - all identical in that they do one amazing thing, two absolutely shit things and then go missing for massive periods. I don’t think any of them are any better than the others.

If Costa is better than Jimenez……then so must I be.

We’ve too many players that simply don’t/won’t step up and we know what happens when you don’t have the fight in a relegation battle.

Far more bad performances than good today so perhaps unfair to single one out...but I'll do it anyway.

Nunes was absolutely shit. Can't pass, gives up, falls over when he's in good positions, doesn't score, doesn't create and doesn't try. Buck your fucking ideas up, you cost £42m.
I can't imagine Liverpool are looking and going "hmm, yes, exactly what we need to fix our midfield"

If there's a deal in place it might be to our advantage at this point

Far more bad performances than good today so perhaps unfair to single one out...but I'll do it anyway.

Nunes was absolutely shit. Can't pass, gives up, falls over when he's in good positions, doesn't score, doesn't create and doesn't try. Buck your fucking ideas up, you cost £42m.

There was a decision against him earlyish in the second half and he literally gave up from there. From about 55 minutes he went from a 5/10 to a 2/10.

Thought we were ok until their goal. After that we were fucking awful and Forest had the chances to bury us but thankfully Podence saved us with a great finish after good work from Costa in the build up. Thought Podence was going to hit it first time but when he took a touch I thought he'd fucked it up but great finish. On reflection I'm happy withe a draw. Definitely looked like Podence spat at Johnson (?) and was lucky to stay on but even so, fucking disgusting thing to do.

Got away with one today I think, onto the next nerve jangling shit show

Where the fuck do we go from here? There is very little to feel hopeful about

Without having seen it again the one thing I'll say on Podence that might mitigate is that it is possible to make that kind of mouth shape without spitting. Calling someone a "puta" for example (which we seem to do a lot)

That said, he looked guilty as anything when it showed they were going to VAR.

Johnson has only said he saw the 'motion' when interviewed, if there was no actual spit then Johnson needs looking at for simulation.
If there was any spit at all then Podence needs a 5 match ban, fucking off from Wolves forever.
Whatever happened he's a little cunt and I'd be happy to see the back of him despite him being our top scorer and the only one of our players with any composure in the box.

Rubbish from the team sheet to the finish.
How can we play nunes, with neto and gomes on the bench?

We eke out another 8-10 points and rip a hell of a lot of stuff up.

Or we don't get them and rip a hell of a lot of stuff up, a division lower.

The problem I have is that very rarely can you rip your side apart completely then stay up but I don't see another option .

Johnson has only said he saw the 'motion' when interviewed, if there was no actual spit then Johnson needs looking at for simulation.
If there was any spit at all then Podence needs a 5 match ban, fucking off from Wolves forever.
Whatever happened he's a little cunt and I'd be happy to see the back of him despite him being our top scorer and the only one of our players with any composure in the box.

Podence spat at him, clear as day. Just because he didn't feel the spittle doesn't mean he didn't do it. No one simulates spitting.

To try to be positive, most of our remaining most winnable games are at home (Brentford, Palace, Villa, Everton)

Leicester away might be possible as they seem to be really struggling at home for some reason

But it'll take a lot more than we showed today

I think 36 will be enough this season but on current performances we will be very lucky to get another 8 points.

The problem I have is that very rarely can you rip your side apart completely then stay up but I don't see another option .
We won’t stay up next season if we don’t, I think that much is certain.

Would have taken a point, delighted to get one. Over the last month the manager hasn't performed any better than Lage would have. Picks the wrong team constantly, particularly away, sometimes makes the correct amendments, sometimes doesn't and has instigated a complete victim culture throughout the team. We're an unlikeable team, starting with the only player who ever looks like scoring.
I think I could have written that.

Assume we stay up, very much an if rather than a when, we don't have the financial wriggle room to make wholesale changes unless Guedes and Nunes are actually bought

It's the natural end for loads of them.

Costa and Adama will leave on frees.
Neves will surely go this time.
Pains me to say it but it's time up for Joao unless he accepts a really minimal role, and why would he do that.
Raul seems more or less done at this level.
Podence has one year left on his deal and doesn't start that often.
Ait-Nouri can't get in the matchday squad.

Then you get into judgement calls on the likes of Sa, Kilman and Nunes, all of whom I'd happily sort out their train fare to wherever.

Back