• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Olympiacos FC (A) 12/03/20 - Following Nuno, Drinking The Ouzo

I have been told a million times tonight, while trying to get a ticket to forget it. the game is behind closed doors, and even though i live in a little fishing village all my pals in athens , many olympiacos fans with tickets are pissed off. I can't go to the game because buses from my village are cancelled, as some shit house vicar went to israel, caught the corona and when he came back and was told to quarantine himself, said it was only flu and for 15 days paraded around our main town like the fucking messiah. the cunt!
we go there for supermarkets, banks including ATM's, and the police had to arrest the twat while he still quoted he was in god's hands.
he is a lucky bastard he isn't in mine right now.
however i believe the rumours and if you are planning to travel, check, check and check again. me i believe it, and i have lived here long enough to know village bullshit from the truth.
as for coming to my house, for extreme levels of cypro, brilliant, but hire a car, there is no other way to get here. I will watch the game in a local taverna wearing a big big bin bag with a cypro flap.

UEFA are going to speak to the Greek Government about it tomorrow. Looks like its caught them by surprise.

UEFA are going to speak to the Greek Government about it tomorrow. Looks like its caught them by surprise.

EUFA frankly don't come into it, the Greek government will over react or not depending on your point of view but closed doors i really believe it will be. You guys have the NHS, we have what we have, and no one has faith that our medical services will cope with a serious case of baked been farts, never mind an epidemic, so the plan is shut everything while we are still relatively ok.
if you think you can get a greek to quarantine himself for 14 days when he has a slight sniffle, try getting wolves fans not to moan at yesterdays game with a clean sheet. will not ever happen

I suspect that the Greek government will tell UEFA "that's the way it is, no negotiation".

I suspect that the Greek government will tell UEFA "that's the way it is, no negotiation".

If UEFA want to be arses they could threaten to ban Greek clubs from Europe if they get that response....they won't of course due to the nature of the ban but its well within their do as we say rules

well read paddy, it seems the decision is made, even if jesus comes back for a trip.
I have a mate here who owns a taverna, he is currently in the philippines working and his parents have been told if he comes back to the village before easter (Apr 15th) he will be shot.
here the people are scared, and if you look seriously at the greek health service, they aye fucking stupid .

If UEFA want to be arses they could threaten to ban Greek clubs from Europe if they get that response....they won't of course due to the nature of the ban but its well within their do as we say rules

If UEFA tried that it would be an absolute PR disaster.

UEFA and PR don't get on.

Like I said, highly unlikely but if UEFA bosses are in a bad mood (maybe feeling bit under the weather) then they could. I guess UEFA will just want a guarantee the game goes ahead on Thursday

frankly i believe UEFA will be told to fuck off and mind there own business, by much more serious peole than Greek football fans. This is all about serious independent government decisions, not some bunch of overpaid twats in switzerland

UEFA and PR don't get on.

Like I said, highly unlikely but if UEFA bosses are in a bad mood (maybe feeling bit under the weather) then they could. I guess UEFA will just want a guarantee the game goes ahead on Thursday

seriously Kenny, if UEFA seek any kind of guarantee they will be brought to ridicule faster than Farage after Brexit
this is about life and death to people and not Shankly's version either.

Well if UEFA don't get that guarantee then we will happily take a 3-0 default scoreline...

If it can't be guaranteed to go ahead they will look at options to play the game somewhere else. The one thing UEFA won't do is postpone the game.

UEFA don't need to be concerning themselves about Olympiacos v Wolves. Inter Milan v Getafe is their bigger problem as Lombardy is supposedly entirely quarantined by the Italian government. I can't see any way that game can go ahead in Milan.

UEFA don't need to be concerning themselves about Olympiacos v Wolves. Inter Milan v Getafe is their bigger problem as Lombardy is supposedly entirely quarantined by the Italian government. I can't see any way that game can go ahead in Milan.

Travel for work is allowed in some instances, so technically they could ask the Italian Government to class the game as work that needs to be done, especially as no fans will be in attendance (they will all be sat in a local restuarant a couple of metres away from each other...)

Travel for work is allowed in some instances, so technically they could ask the Italian Government to class the game as work that needs to be done, especially as no fans will be in attendance (they will all be sat in a local restuarant a couple of metres away from each other...)

I seriously cannot believe that Uefa would cross the line of risking lives while trying to get a footie match played, imagine they pressure a gov to let a match go ahead and someone, anyone gets the corona or worse still dies..................Uefa dies next surely

Inter are away at Juve tonight. Would be interesting to see what happened if they weren't allowed back into Milan

As soon as any pro footballer tests positive I can see leagues being suspended. The way it's going you'd think the euros will be cancelled

Back