• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Olympiacos FC (A) 12/03/20 - Following Nuno, Drinking The Ouzo

SSB

Reaction score
Olympiacos FC vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium
12th March 2020 (8pm UK, 10pm Local)

Moving over pavlosmacwolf's post so I find it!

If anyone wants Athens info let me know.

Lots of good cheap hotels in city centre around the acropolis and prices around 35/50 euros for two nights, if you are travelling together they have dorm rooms for up to ten people coming in at around 25/35 euros for two nights.

Best areas to look Monastiraki and Plaka, where all the bars and tavernas are and right behind the acropolis at Anofiotika. Absolutely central and with the metro for the Olympiacos stadium (Kareskaki) within 1k of the whole area.

Athens is a mega tourist city all year round and while the Greeks are probably the friendliest, most generous people you will ever meet, Athens has it's pickpockets, and they are fucking good at it, so valuables passports etc hidden away at all times, including phones and if you are out with a bag (shoulder bag, bum bag, keep it on you at all times, shoulder bags strap around your neck, bag in front where you can see it. like i said these pickpockets are good. I will also tell you areas to avoid after dark too so let me know.

Metro and buses direct from the airport to central Athens around 10 euros and run every few minutes, get off at Sintagma and you are 1k from the acropolis and the areas I mentioned. The police are ok unless you are a numpty and try to fuck with them.

There is a 3 day "tourist ticket" you can buy for 22€, it includes transfer from the airport to the center and back and unlimited city transport for 3 days. I would strongly advice avoid the central suburb of omonia and walking around empty areas in the center at night. Huge drug & immigration problems in athens, beware of pickpockets, scam artists wanting to be your friend, young girls inviting you to drinks to bars of their choosing and stay safe.

but what if the girls are super cute

but what if the girls are super cute
These super cute young balkan girls who are into fat, bald, middle aged foreigners? The usual scam is they invite you to some seedy bar, where they order for you and themselves. They get served colored water. After half an hour you get the bill for 1000 euros for a few drinks. The bar has bouncers who are happy to accompany you to an atm. Unfortunately if you are looking for action you will have to pay for it, plenty of brothels around

You learned your lesson though, right?

These super cute young balkan girls who are into fat, bald, middle aged foreigners? The usual scam is they invite you to some seedy bar, where they order for you and themselves. They get served colored water. After half an hour you get the bill for 1000 euros for a few drinks. The bar has bouncers who are happy to accompany you to an atm. Unfortunately if you are looking for action you will have to pay for it, plenty of brothels around

jeez man! with so many brilliant places to go all over Athens, where the fuck do you get to? the whole area around the Acropolis would take days to cover, let alone Kolonaki , Vouliagmeni , Glyfada Kiffissia ......just too many to mention
and guys if you get ime go to the acropolis museum situated in Monastiraki at he foot of the Acropolis it's astonishing, and frankly now where the marbles should be coming home to.

Perhaps he'd just moved without thinking,and was looking for friendly banter?

Six posts in and we’re already getting brothel advice. Gotta love this forum.

Brothels are legal in Greece, but frankly....... There is so much to see, the acropolis, the amphitheatre below it, a must is the old , original Olympic stadium, three days won't get you to see 2% of the place, and the Greeks are so friendly, have some composure, be open to new things and you will have a ball.
Serious warning, tsipouro (correct spelling) is brilliant but kin strong always comes with a mezze and frankly I cannot drink it without plenty of ice and water in a long glass. Ouzo is a no no for me, aniseed based, and leaves you with a hangover from hell next morning, cypro.....drink as much as you like , ice and water or not and the next morning.... Have one for breakfast no problem, but it is pure alcohol and with mezze costs around 2 to 3 euros a blast, depending on where you are drinking. Mezzes are brilliant some like a mini lunch if you know where to go, and ffs eat the fish with you fingers!

Athens is one of my favourite cities. I am rather envious of those that will be going. So much to see. Like you say, the Acropolis is an absolute must! Had some excellent scran in one of the side streets at the foot of the acropolis. Fantastic beef stifado (sp?).

I take it you can’t get Raki there Pav? I have very fond memories of drinking that stuff on a boys holiday to Crete...

Game.jpg

I take it you can’t get Raki there Pav? I have very fond memories of drinking that stuff on a boys holiday to Crete...

aha it is not raki as we know it in crete it is there own version of Cypro (tsipouro) called tsikoudia its great but twice as strong as normal tsipouro, like....mmmmm.. drinking a pimt of tequila??? or close enough, raki is actually from turkey or the middle east but it aye as pure as tsipouro.

Ok serious advice apart from drinks and brothels tickets here are like rocking horse shit. wolves have acquired so many fans in Greece the last two seasons for the way they play, every fucker wants to go.
please be careful if you are coming without a ticket, you will end up paying over the odds for a forgery. i know two guys in my village who are busy knocking them out on their own printers.
i said before i have a best mate who used to play for olympiacos and right now he is having trouble getting tickets.
If you want to come for the craic, then don't risk the money on a forgery, spend it in a taverna in Monasteraki, where it will be on a huge tv .
I have been trying for 3 days and still am nowhere near getting a ticket, and if i can't get one, youm fucked!

JUst for your information, foret the leagalities from fifa and other bollocks if the guy checking your ticket says no have a 50 euro note in your hand just give up. here a bung is a bung but if they don't take it right away, leave.

Not sure on here how many are planning to go, but for legal reasons I'd discourage bribery and forgery as a means to enter the stadium!! :icon_wink:

Back