• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil Confirmed

Why do clubs insist on giving such stupid contracts to managers, when the shelf life of most of them is probably 18 months tops?
You don't know how it's structured. For all anyone knows there's a "get out" clause in favour of the club or a pre arranged severance of 6 months pay if GON doesn't meet agreed expectations at any point.

You don't know how it's structured. For all anyone knows there's a "get out" clause in favour of the club or a pre arranged severance of 6 months pay if GON doesn't meet agreed expectations at any point.
Yeah, pretty much always is.

Like Newcastle didn't hand Alan Pardew 5 years' salary on the day they sacked him because that's what was left on his contract, and Everton might have been paying multiple managers at certain times but certainly not to the extent that people were laughing about.

Oh there'll be a contract break in there but the length is still unnecessary.

Oh well, a cheap as chips yes man. Good luck to the guy, he got a three year deal.

Poor old Gary, no welcome to Wolves thread, is this the first time that's happened?

I'd have preferred someone better and 3 years is ridiculous but some of reaction on here is proper OTT. If he can't keep us up and fairly comfortably with this squad then he'll deserve all the flak he gets, in the meantime welcome to Wolves GO'N.

"If I have a message for our supporters, it would be that it's OK to feel sad and disappointed about Julen's departure, but at the same time it's OK to be optimistic because I genuinely feel this is an exciting and progressive appointment for the club."
041117fb7d3d41991abb7d41c946b2cc.jpg

Oh there'll be a contract break in there but the length is still unnecessary.
It might be unnecessary, it may also be irrelevant. If he doesn't meet a minimum criteria Wolves may be able to get shot without penalty or a pre-arranged penalty.

We're arguing about something neither of us have a clue about.

Absolute load of drivel from Hobbs, but he’s been thrown under the bus by Mr. Ego himself.

How can you do an “thorough process” that only lasts 10 days?

They will never, ever learn will they? Yes, we’re fans - but we’re not all stupid.

On O’Neil himself, I wish him luck and hope he proves us all wrong. I don’t dislike him as a person - he’s always come across as an alright bloke, whenever I’ve seen interviews etc. and this situation is not his fault.

My frustration is with Shi, Lop & Fosun.
Who said it was 10 days process?

I mean you could argue why it's actually a good appointment (if that is what you think) rather than flouncing off.

Everything gets judged on its merits, I don't see Gary O'Neil as an acceptable appointment for a Premier League club entering their 6th straight season at this level, because nothing he's done suggests he is suitable for that kind of job. I've seen his teams, I haven't liked them very much.

I suspect judging from our attempts to get Beale that we drew up a shortlist of English, Unemployed, cheap and preferably with some Premier League experience, then went from there. Which more than likely left a relatively short list.

Back