• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

On paper we shouldn't. That's the whole point of this thread though I guess.

The only reason we won't go down is that there may be 3 Teams that are even worse than us, at the start of the season I had the three promoted teams, Everton, Bournemouth and us as being in the dog fight at the bottom, now I think it will be between the 3 promoted teams and us that will be relegated with Burnley likely to escape and us to go down if GON stays, if its a cheap and cheerful manager that we need then look no further than the current Ipswich manager, if it's a foreign forward thinking manager then take a look at Miguel Munoz known as Michel he is doing a decent job at Girona, but get rid of Jeff Shi while we are at it... can't get rid of one without the other bcuz Shi will ruin everything that is good and since he has been here his record shows it..

Obviously the general consensus within social media is that if things don’t take a massive improvement within the next few weeks he has to go.
My big worry is that Fosun appear to becoming more and more apathetic and will just shrug their shoulders and say “Que Serra Serra”, and we’ll find ourselves in the Championship with a Coach nobody wants.

Another manager who throws away a chance of a cup run… why is he still here?

Unfortunately i expect him to be in charge in the Championship next season, Fosun have give up.
Sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Was chatting with my mate (an Ipswich fan) over text as were both watching the game, and he didn't understand why I kept saying I expected us to lose even after the first 15 minutes when we were 2-0 and cruising. Wasn't so confused by the final whistle.

Thinking back over the last 20ish years of Wolves managers, trying to think who would actually be worse than this with this squad of players. Saunders and Zenga, obviously, and probably Terry Connor too (as much as it feels disrespectful to lump him in with those first two). But that's it. If past-it lower league journeymen - no disrespect but being realistic here - like Mick or Jackett were available and expressed interest, I could at least trust that they wouldn't be as consistently naive and unimpressive as GON has been each week. Hell, after tonight I'm convinced Lage would feel like a positive upgrade, which is a terrifying position to be in.

Thanks for the bland press conferences, Gary, I guess? But the longer you're here the more damage you're going to do. Bye.

Unfortunately i expect him to be in charge in the Championship next season, Fosun have give up.
Sincerely hope I'm wrong.
I don't think getting relegated is a deliberate plan or factored in, although I can see why some have gone there. He'll be sacked, it's just whether it'll be too late and who we can attract when we do

He has the same vacant look as Saunders on the bench..... there's nothing to do with football going on behind those eyes. I'm thinking he'll be gone following the Villa game, but sooner the better

I don't think getting relegated is a deliberate plan or factored in, although I can see why some have gone there. He'll be sacked, it's just whether it'll be too late and who we can attract when we do
Hope you're right mate.

He has the same vacant look as Saunders on the bench..... there's nothing to do with football going on behind those eyes. I'm thinking he'll be gone following the Villa game, but sooner the better
I don’t see him going until at least after the Bournemouth game

Yeah sorry I see now why Villa is being mentioned. I just don’t see them sacking him after two games where we will be expected to lose anyway. Depends on the manner of them if we do lose both I guess

Was chatting with my mate (an Ipswich fan) over text as were both watching the game, and he didn't understand why I kept saying I expected us to lose even after the first 15 minutes when we were 2-0 and cruising. Wasn't so confused by the final whistle.

Thinking back over the last 20ish years of Wolves managers, trying to think who would actually be worse than this with this squad of players. Saunders and Zenga, obviously, and probably Terry Connor too (as much as it feels disrespectful to lump him in with those first two). But that's it. If past-it lower league journeymen - no disrespect but being realistic here - like Mick or Jackett were available and expressed interest, I could at least trust that they wouldn't be as consistently naive and unimpressive as GON has been each week. Hell, after tonight I'm convinced Lage would feel like a positive upgrade, which is a terrifying position to be in.

Thanks for the bland press conferences, Gary, I guess? But the longer you're here the more damage you're going to do. Bye.

Lage was definitely worse but that's no badge of honour.

Just marking time now, wasting games, because that's what football clubs do.

Yeah sorry I see now why Villa is being mentioned. I just don’t see them sacking him after two games where we will be expected to lose anyway. Depends on the manner of them if we do lose both I guess
Neither do I really. I think the fans response to a defeat to Villa would make a difference, but recently whenever I expect something visceral in the ground it tends to be passive.

Them keeping him now is nothing more than a vanity project.
Saturday might be very grim, for some of our Twitter fans to say “it’s City what can you do” after we’ve lost 0-7.
Sounds daft but the worse thing to happen on Saturday would be a narrow defeat and people pointing to the very good effort stuff again.

Aren't we still actively looking for more coaches (and related staff like analysts) to build out GON's team?

Just wondering what would happen when he does get sacked, considering the main first team setup left with Lopetegui. Presumably Steve Davis becomes caretaker again until a replacement comes in, but I'm wondering how thinly spread the coaching staff would be in that interim period considering it already feels like we're back to the L1/Champ days in terms of numbers in first-teach coaching. Maybe GON will agree to do a Lop and stay on while we find his replacement...

Back