• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Player Ratings 2016/17

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Player Ratings 2016/17 (plus DW faffing around trying to build a website)

https://danwolves.wordpress.com/2017/05/09/201617-player-by-player-ratings-part-one/

I've had to split the piece into three because it's just too big. No-one wants to read 10,000+ words in one go, realistically. So here's part one, and the other two will follow on Wednesday and Thursday.

It's all in squad number order so today it's 1-11. Hope you enjoy reading it more than I enjoyed watching them...

Last edited:
https://danwolves.wordpress.com/2017/05/09/201617-player-by-player-ratings-part-one/

I've had to split the piece into three because it's just too big. No-one wants to read 10,000+ words in one go, realistically. So here's part one, and the other two will follow on Wednesday and Thursday.

It's all in squad number order so today it's 1-11. Hope you enjoy reading it more than I enjoyed watching them...

I'll read it in a minute, but this was clearly the work that kept you away last night ;)

You were probably better employed doing this!

Ahem - Aha Shake Heartbreak is pretty good! It's Because Of The Times where Kings of Leon stopped having fresh ideas, and Only By The Night where they sold out completely...

Top work Dan! I'm looking forward to the next instalment already

Excellent read Dan...was expecting the split to be keepers/defence, then midfield then attackers but it was a good mix of players and looking forward to parts 2 & 3

Brilliant read Deutsch.

Looking forward to the following installments.

The comment at the bottom of Stearns write up had me in stitches.

Looking forward to some being slayed. Will read when I'm back and chilling.

You are getting quite good at these Dan :icon_biggrin:

Most accurate statement being the one at the foot of Doherty's piece

On George Saville - a bloke at work went to school with him and is still in his circle of friends.

Apparently he was a left back during his youth days and was where he started out - makes more sense as to why we felt he could play there. Apparently he point blank refuses to move any further north and still spends a lot of time in Surrey where he grew up so it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave and move back to the South East.

Great read as always mate, thanks for the effort you put in with these.

Woah woah woah, before I start reading, you need to change that first caption. Kings Of Leon's second album is probably their best!

Yeah I thought you'd have said Starsailor or someone like that.

Ahem - Aha Shake Heartbreak is pretty good! It's Because Of The Times where Kings of Leon stopped having fresh ideas, and Only By The Night where they sold out completely...

Gotta agree with this, first two albums were great! They did go a bit meh after that

Enjoyed reading that, I actually laughed at the "made of biscuits" sentence.

I couldn't disagree with any of it. Do you have any analytics on the site? We could all share it and start getting you some cash from ads.

Dare I say we post a link on the other wolves forum

Excellent Dan, but regarding goalkeepers, I really wish you had seen Alan Boswell play. He made Ikeme look like Gordon Banks...!

On George Saville - a bloke at work went to school with him and is still in his circle of friends.

Apparently he was a left back during his youth days and was where he started out - makes more sense as to why we felt he could play there. Apparently he point blank refuses to move any further north and still spends a lot of time in Surrey where he grew up so it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave and move back to the South East.

He's been better at LB than in midfield

Excellent as ever. Id say send that over to Danny Batth on Twitter, but the fucking fanny would block you..

Back