• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Player Ratings 2016/17

Dan - you could put an ad squares widget on your site - that works well for a lot of bloggers. Your numbers are good enough for someone to take a banner ad and/or sponsor the site and I wouldn't be at all reluctant to put a donate button on there. Plenty of travel bloggers do it. I'd also get yourself signed up as an Amazon affiliate.

I really think we as a forum should collectively get this started. I am happy to dip into my pocket as a one off payment. 10 of us at 25 quid, and DW is set up for 12 months . I could advertise my company! Other adverts could bring in revenue. Any hoo there must be 50 comments on various threads from twf members saying how much we enjoy it. So why not pay a few quid to get it all set up for next season? Crowd funded by the wolves forum via just giving! I wonder how many other clubs supporters would do that? Additionally if we did that it would attract some interest from the club too. Might even get twf a press pass!

I find myself agreeing with DW view of matches and performance's a lot more than the e and s. Could this happen?

Views? Options? Next steps?

Stick a donate button on the main page of the blog. I'm sure there'd be at least a few who would chuck something towards the running of the site if you start monetising it. That way it's not a paywall and people can just give what they want.

I think an ad based approach with a donate button is fairly sensible, I'll have to look into what the best options are.

As for writing elsewhere, well I do like writing a lot, I don't mind rattling on about any old crap (as you may have gathered). It's an issue of time sometimes though, if one of my other projects takes off then that's going to be very time intensive, this mini-series took about 14 hours to write, previews take 2-3 hours when you take into account all the research, the Christmas series was again, 2-3 hours a time but x12, and had to be done every single day...and I do occasionally leave the house :)

Cracking stuff, Dan. A most enjoyable read.

Fantastic read Deutsch. Very enjoyable installments they were.

Thoroughly enjoyed the series Deutsch. Excellent as always.

Just shows how much mediocrity we have on our playing staff.

Excellent as always.

I'd definitely donate to the cause if you ever went down that route.

I've really enjoyed reading all three. Not only is your writing style very readable the content is excellent- I find myself agreeing with nearly all of it. In fact the only thing I disagree with is Mason is the worst you've see one-on-one. Andy Keogh was far worse, so much so when he was clean through the best you could hope for was the keeper made a save and we got a corner.

As for making money - if you could write in the same way about football on a wider basis rather than just Wolves I'm sure there would be wide appeal.

In fact the only thing I disagree with is Mason is the worst you've see one-on-one. Andy Keogh was far worse, so much so when he was clean through the best you could hope for was the keeper made a save and we got a corner.

You should watch Mason on "you know the drill", some attempts with no pressure are appalling!!

Nothing matches le Fondre's efforts on a similar thing last season

The plunge has been taken and we are now self-hosted at http://oscillatingwildly.net (update your bookmarks etc, new dedicated Twitter in my signature):

https://danwolves.wordpress.com/2017/05/17/weve-moved/

Still very much playing with the new formats on the new place and ads etc will take a while to be sorted out. But it's up and running.

Good to see that you are using the close season wisely Dan - more than the club seems to be at the moment.

Can live with ads if it adds monetary value to you as long as they don't take over (as they do with some sites) & take an age to load

Any ads won't be intrusive at all, I know all too well how much they can ruin sites. I'd like to make a bit out of this but not at the expense of pissing off the audience I've built up.

Good stuff. Would personally be happy to pay a reasonable fee to read your blog, I enjoy it a lot. If not will happily click the shit out of some ads if that helps at all.

EDIT: The site not being blocked at work is a bonus!

Don't forget to stick a donate button on there. I'll chuck you a few quid for sure.

Donation is much better than a paywall IMO.

Dunno... I probably wouldn't donate. But would be willing to pay if all viewers had to. Can only speak for myself though. Good luck.

Back