• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR 1 - 1 Wolves what a bag of shit verdict thread

We won the league in his third...and as much as many, including me thought we underachieved in the second season we still finished seventh

Not really, it's obviously acceptable to have vast amounts of posts about what a crap team we are at the moment, surely there should be an allowance for at least one person to accept that for every Championship winning season and League 1 winning season there will be many seasons like this.

Jesus wept. That isn't what I have said at all is it? But it is fine for you to slag off the critics as far as I can see.

The thing that's the most confusing about KJ is that we have seen some really good football played under him! Maybe it was the luck of having a player like Sako in the team (still think Dicko has been our biggest loss this season) so why do we see the aimless hoofing that almost never works especially when we actually played it along the floor in the same game? Try that first half and we might have won instead of just drawn

Jesus wept. That isn't what I have said at all is it? But it is fine for you to slag off the critics as far as I can see.

I haven't slagged anyone off, all I've said is, and I know it's difficult for you and others to grasp, it's still just a hobby to me that can sometimes bring you happiness but most of the time brings you misery and if I felt that all it did was bring me misery I'd do something else.
Is that so hard to accept?

The thing that's the most confusing about KJ is that we have seen some really good football played under him! Maybe it was the luck of having a player like Sako in the team (still think Dicko has been our biggest loss this season) so why do we see the aimless hoofing that almost never works especially when we actually played it along the floor in the same game? Try that first half and we might have won instead of just drawn

Why when your centre halves are hoofing the ball do you not consider adding Jack Price to proceedings which would then enable a short passing option into him and a possible passing game through midfield.
I just dont understand Kenny Jacketts mindset as he stands on the touchline.

We are what we have been for the last 30 yrs. - a middling Championship team with possibilities.

I thank Kenny for what he has done in bringing us back from the basket case we were in danger of getting stuck in League 1 (not unknown) but think that his race here is run now. No point in a change before the season end though.

This team is capable of more than it is providing at the moment but needs leadership - both from the Manager & on field, neither of which it is getting at the moment.

If you thought things were bad listen to this for a few minutes and you'll forget about how shit Wolves are..

Our defence is shocking (we saw it again today) and this alone could have sent us spiralling downwards. Whether we like It or not Edwards and Coady in this system has helped us get clean sheets and climb out of a mess. As such I would rather keep shape later on in the game than bring Byrne on and change it all. We were the most likely team to score in that second half . Henry and VLP were doing well.

Why when your centre halves are hoofing the ball do you not consider adding Jack Price to proceedings which would then enable a short passing option into him and a possible passing game through midfield.

Good point, there were two or three times today where the CHs headed or played the ball out to 5 years in front of the penalty area - almost as though they were expecting price to be there.

If you are playing a midfield 3...and from the Reading game onwards Edwards has been definitely in midfield, then to not find space for Price once he became fit and available for selection Is for me laughable

I haven't slagged anyone off, all I've said is, and I know it's difficult for you and others to grasp, it's still just a hobby to me that can sometimes bring you happiness but most of the time brings you misery and if I felt that all it did was bring me misery I'd do something else.
Is that so hard to accept?

Whatever. Pointless raking over the ground on this as we won't agree.

I just read this from a piece in the Gruniad

The Wolves manager, Kenny Jackett, insisted after his side had taken a point from their visit to Loftus Road that they can still reach the play-offs, as long as he can make some signings in the transfer window.

If he thinks that why didn't we go for a win that was well within our grasp today, the man has got two brains, the one that works his mouth to the press, and the other that manages to turn out such a poor Wolves team.

Independent sources say we deserved at least a point. We are in the league where many of us thought we would be at the start of the season. We have lost Dicko, Stearman and Afobe. We turned a bad run of results, to 4 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw. The manager isn't going to be sacked at the moment. The most important thing for me, is most people don't trust the board to choose a decent manager. So for me the first thing that needs to happen is we get rid of the people who keep making the bad choices.

Pav, There's the naturally defensive, 'take what we have' Kenny which he can't stop himself being in matches and the 'the Board are now taking the piss and I've had enough of being a patsy', would be my guess

I think there is a sense of defeatism around the club, not helped by the lack of positive signings. In reality we are close to challenging for the play-offs (not that our football deserves to be even vaguely close), and we have just got a deserved draw away from home at QPR.

The first half was a bag of nails but the second half was ok. Don't take this out of context though - I'm not for a moment suggesting it was an excellent performance. Just that i think there is a lot of hyperbole about how poor we were in the second half.

I just read this from a piece in the Gruniad

If he thinks that why didn't we go for a win that was well within our grasp today, the man has ot two brains, the one that works his mouth to the press, and the other that manages to turn out such a poor Wolves team.

I look on it as the Gerald Ratner syndrome, as soon as you tell it like it is your pretty much fucked.

I look on it as the Gerald Ratner syndrome, as soon as you tell it like it is your pretty much fucked.

I agree with that, but....why talk about going for the play-offs and then pick sides to park the bus,and hoof it, even when the victory is right there for a blind pig to see. Unless of course KJ thinks with a point a game or thereabouts we can sneak into the playoffs.

Considering the players at his disposal that was a good point. Clearly we haven't got a defence capable of providing a base for attacking open football (see last week at Cardiff and EEL for the first goal today). In such circumstances it was a difficult balance to strike. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Who'd be a manager?

Given the right players (let's see what this transfer window brings) I've actually got confidence Kenny can do well. Indeed he's done it in the past. Some of the best football I've seen at Wolves has been under Jackett. All power to you Ken.

Considering the players at his disposal that was a good point. Clearly we haven't got a defence capable of providing a base for attacking open football (see last week at Cardiff and EEL for the first goal today). In such circumstances it was a difficult balance to strike. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Who'd be a manager?

Given the right players (let's see what this transfer window brings) I've actually got confidence Kenny can do well. Indeed he's done it in the past. Some of the best football I've seen at Wolves has been under Jackett. All power to you Ken.

Understandable being ten years of age...

Back