• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR 1, Wolves 2; The thank goodness for that Verdict Thread

Spiers believes the first goal was all down to Doherty supplying a great pass to Iorfa...

Tim SpiersVerified account
‏@tim_spiers_Star
Matt Doherty take a bow. Brilliant pass to Iorfa, he crosses low and the Dangerous one SMASHES it past Smithies. What a finish.

Which part of 'offering a genuine outlet down both sides' does Dim Spiers not understand?

Oh and we have a permanent deal for Costa already agreed. If I know then this then so should he.

+1

That was the best game Costa has had in a while, mainly due to the space he had down their left. Partly to do with the red card of course but also because they simply couldn't double up on him like teams have been recently. Derby & Wednesday shifted their midfield over onto his side and limited his space, QPR couldn't do that with Ivan on the other wing.

Spiers believes the first goal was all down to Doherty supplying a great pass to Iorfa...
He more or less blootered it out of play. It wasn't a difficult pass and he did his best to mess it up. Good job Dom has legs that long.

It was a good pass tbf. Good job Dom is so rapid though, don't think anybody else in our team would've caught that.

You do wonder what might have happened had QPR been awarded what looked like a penalty to me. We certainly got out of jail there.

It was certainly a possibility Frank, but it would have been a harsh penalty.

What about the one by a QPR defender handling the ball in the box in the 2nd half? He definitely moved his arm towards the ball and IMO was a blatant penalty.

Also I suspect that QPR's scorer controlled the ball with his right hand before scoring but I haven't seen any video evidence so it's just my opinion.

They were both penalties. Of course the difference being Doherty's was at 0-0 and they still had 11 men (wtf the begloved idiot was thinking I do not know) and we were already 2-0 up against 10 men when we had ours. Lambert wasn't exaggerating when he said we should have been 5-0 up by the time they scored.

Shout out to Jack Robinson who gives my mate Doc a run for his money as worst Championship left back of the decade. Christ he is appalling. Chippy little twat too, apparently he spent part of the game arguing with one guy in the home end.

They were both penalties. Of course the difference being Doherty's was at 0-0 and they still had 11 men (wtf the begloved idiot was thinking I do not know) and we were already 2-0 up against 10 men when we had ours. Lambert wasn't exaggerating when he said we should have been 5-0 up by the time they scored.

Shout out to Jack Robinson who gives my mate Doc a run for his money as worst Championship left back of the decade. Christ he is appalling. Chippy little $#@! too, apparently he spent part of the game arguing with one guy in the home end.

Did Saunders ever put them both in our first eleven?

Will have to go down to my brother's more often - was in the pub all evening & didn't even know the result till after it had finished.

Not going to comment on how individuals played as only seen the highlights, but 2 good goals & loved Jon Dadi's take, turn, run & shot which drew a good save from Smithies. Deserved a goal & would have done him a world of good.

He more or less blootered it out of play. It wasn't a difficult pass and he did his best to mess it up. Good job Dom has legs that long.

It was a good pass tbf. Good job Dom is so rapid though, don't think anybody else in our team would've caught that.

I'm a bit undecided on the Doherty pass now I've seen the highlights.

Last night I saw definitely in the overhit camp with it looking like Iorfa got him out of jail just keeping it in but on a second look I think he has to put a fair bit of weight on it to make sure he beats the defender who's sort of tracking Iorfa. If he'd played it in there first time rather than taking a touch then he's got a much bigger gap to be aiming for but he took a touch and the space closed up making it more difficult.

The news Costa could be permanent is awesome, my tipple later on shall taste so much sweeter. We all love a bit of excitement and lets be fair there hasn't been much of that lately. I tiny bit of wee dribbled out when Costa scored last night, we don't get to see that kind of quality very often and in a Wolves shirt it really is wonderful.

I just hope we can improve enough that he will want to stay.

The news Costa could be permanent is awesome, my tipple later on shall taste so much sweeter. We all love a bit of excitement and lets be fair there hasn't been much of that lately. I tiny bit of wee dribbled out when Costa scored last night, we don't get to see that kind of quality very often and in a Wolves shirt it really is wonderful.

I just hope we can improve enough that he will want to stay.

Wolves players scoring goals like that is why I'm so excited about our future with Fosun and Jorge Mendes.

Wolves players scoring goals like that is why I'm so excited about our future with Fosun and Jorge Mendes.
I agree, I don't share the hate for him at all. I do think getting a few top Championship players in (that's if they will come) is a good idea however we will also need some creative/flair players, which Mr Mendes will have plenty waiting for us.

I hope we can also find a spot for Tex he has at times been awesome this season, I am still convinced he can play that no 10 role.

The frightening part for me is still the midfield. With zero creativity in there, we're back to relying on the front three to create some magic. Some of the gaps between the front three and the midfield were pretty scary.

I know we need to tighten up, but...

Not much we can do right now tbf. The club refuse to tell us what's wrong with Evans. Ditto Prince. Tex can't play in there.

Not much we can do right now tbf. The club refuse to tell us what's wrong with Evans. Ditto Prince. Tex can't play in there.

Yeah, we just don't have the players to do that at the moment in a 4-3-3, nor can we really go 4-2-3-1 without just becoming wide open. Price instead of Coady would at least be some improvement in the ball retention stakes, but other than throwing kids at the problem...

Yeah, we just don't have the players to do that at the moment in a 4-3-3, nor can we really go 4-2-3-1 without just becoming wide open. Price instead of Coady would at least be some improvement in the ball retention stakes, but other than throwing kids at the problem...

Yep how we could do with a Henri Lansbury, Josh McEcheran, Jordon Mutch, Jacob Butterfield (it still irks me that we bought the wrong Huddersfield mid) or Barry Bannan and how we miss a thinker and ball player like Dave Jones or Kevin McDonald.

It really isn't that hard to see what we need to have a really good team with attacking flair. Well it seems pretty damn difficult to a Mr K Thewell but apart from that it looks like PL seems to know what he wants from his players.

Eh?? That wasn't Paddy's post? Anyway, there's nowt wrong with an angry post as long as the points raised are valid. And it's not like Wolves haven't deserved criticism lately.

Hwha angry posts are de rigeur, I love Paddy , but what pisses me off is you and a few others can,t wait to get on and defend him.
Currently I think hre is talking like the angry fucker he has been for the last month or so. I challenge that, do you really need to jump up there as the clones of the forum to defend him, or anyone else for that matter.
You all fucked Frank in a millisecond! So should I fawn to your repartis or shout bollocks , very loud.

I just disagree entirely with Paddy, it has nothing to do with that twat Mendezzzzzzzz, it I think we recruited from the cheap shop market that was available, and missed a serious replacement? Centrwl defender/midfielder, and brought in a zillion flowdr sellers, so much more flavourable thn th previous Jackett side?

Fuck me over all you like, but this old pals act on the forum, stinks.
You guys done Frank, Wolfie and a few others, but I am Irish! You just don't,t get rid of this shit!!

The players Mendezzzzzzzz brought in have about w 30% success rate, so lease laud him to the rnth degrees if you have th bollocks to do so, but please....... If I want to challenge a Paddy comment, get off the back my pal horse, and let th angry fucker ride it himself.

Enough boys, it,s a forum, not a private club!!!

Yeah, but it wasn't Pad's post you quoted. Harsh to have a go at the geezer for something he didn't say.

Back