• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading (H) Boxing Day Build-Up

SSB

Reaction score
Live on Sky 5.15pm kick-off. I fear the worse already.

Starting the day off at Wolverhampton Races.

I'm guessing even a few season ticket holders will be giving this game a miss.

Can't get down, Boxing Day is the day I have with my kids and grandkids...Sadly there may be access to Sky Sports so I may not escape the horror

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth EEL Golbourne

Byrne Price McDonald Graham

Afobe Alfie​

Such a shit team but that's the best I can manage atm.

I'll be going, although, similar to the Solbakken & Saunders regime's, it's more about pre-game at the moment.

I might go. Last five games I have seen about 90 minutes in total from my season ticket. I really don't think I can be arsed.

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth EEL Golbourne

Byrne Price McDonald Graham

Afobe Alfie​

Such a shit team but that's the best I can manage atm.

Agree need to play 2 up front -why Holt instead of ALF today is unfathomable - at least the latter can run a bit,

However the defence is more of a worry as its poor but no one else to put in (then again would be inclined to play Coady as a CH - can't be any worse)

I'll be there, don't care how shit we are if i can make it i will be there.

Oh and Wallace in the 10 behind Afobe please with Byrne and Graham wide. No chance of happening but i can hope.

Not going to this as have better things to do seeing family & have 2 games in early Jan booked.

No chance he's going to put that defence out again, but not sure what else he can try. Coady in for EEL? Iorfa in the middle and Doherty out right?

No chance he's going to put that defence out again, but not sure what else he can try. Coady in for EEL? Iorfa in the middle and Doherty out right?

Reality is that he has very very limited options there - that is a worry

Also, is Martinez still out for a few weeks? We've missed him just as much as Williamson, imo.

How many times have you seen Iorfa win a ball in the air. Very rarely. The kid for 6ft odd doesn't get off the ground, he would be bullied to fuck at centre back. A big no no for me.

May as well go 4-4-2 now.

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - EEL - Golbourne

Byrne - Price - McDonald - Graham

Afobe - ALF

I think we have to take one of Batth or Eel out of the firing line straight away, that back lines confidence is shot to shit, if that means playing Coady at CB, so be it, can't be any worse.

I bought my wife a ticket for a Christmas present, worst present ever.

Coady worth a shot he can actually win headers, EEL just is wrong positionally all the time.

I bought my wife a ticket for a Christmas present, worst present ever.

The perfect husband?

Cold shoulder on Christmas Day possibly - hopefully you have got something else to repair the damage!

Ikeme, cos theres not any other option
Iorfa, , looks like he's gunna trip over going forward and out of position a lot defensively, but the best we've got
Golbourne, not been too bad last couple of games apart from his defending for the goal against Leeds, but the best we've got
Batth, not much option
Coady, we need a change at CB...and he's the only option
Byrne and Graham MUST play wide
Price and Kmac, not a big fan of McDonald, but not any other option
Shit or bust up top..play our best two attacking players, Afobe and Alf

The perfect husband?

Cold shoulder on Christmas Day possibly - hopefully you have got something else to repair the damage!
Christmas will be fine, it's boxing day I'm worried about.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Back