• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

And so the minority grows by one more then as I assume she will be getting her text with love and bubbles from Cummings in about ten minutes

Makes sense. Vote to allow the Bill to have a reading, get out, never darken our door again. Actually vote for the Bill, yeah you can stay.

Of course it was ok for our esteemed current PM to vote against his predecessor multiple times and publicly brief against the Government constantly.

Oh God, Trump weighing in about how wonderful Boris is. Fucking cock. Stay out of our affairs.

His bellendery on Brexit has pissed me off, but more than anything it's his inability to be even remotely politically/media savvy. He could have nipped the antisemitism shit in the bud years ago by being publicly stronger against those who went too close to the line. He should have publicly denounced those that do it online in his name, but he hasn't. He's been terribly and/or non-existent in the media. He's great in his little videos on Facebook, and says a lot of agreeable stuff, but until he says it and is subject to scrutiny in public (question time, LBC, this morning etc) his message is only seen by Labour supporters, and he's not doing anything to fight the right wing media agenda against him. He's done a terrible job of what should have been the easiest opposition in recent history.
Your "cunt" threshold is a lot lower than mine.

I think Corbyn had gone hard remain from day 1 we would already have had a hard Brexit.

Cba to link it, but the e&s have actually published the Facebook bollocks Lisbon Treaty post, as a "reader's letter"

So it looks like an amendment to put May's deal back up for a vote has accidentally been passed!

According to Laura wotsit from the BBC

So it looks like an amendment to put May's deal back up for a vote has accidentally been passed!

According to Laura wotsit from the BBC

It was put up by the government!! They did it to torpedo the bill. Not worked though as all it does is put May's deal to a vote before no deal is averted on the 31st.

Yep. They thought their opponents would insist on taking it out...which uses up time...and increases the chances (however slim) of this all not passing through in time.

But as it's meaningless, everyone just shrugged and voted as they were already going to.

It's Paul Dickov style Government, where they're more interested in being a set of cheating, nefarious bastards than actually doing their job.

MPs have voted to reject the motion for an early election:

Ayes: 298

Noes: 56

Majority:242

Labour abstained

So the bill will pass the Lords after the filibuster was mysteriously abandoned at 1.30am. Looks like the whips have agreed to the Corbyn requirement that the bill receive royal assent at least before the election is called. Now just a question of whether he waits until it is enacted before moving. He should do as Boris would then go into the election having failed on his one key promise.

This is interesting (but obviously not as valid as 'most people I know...'):

Latest YouGov:

Johnson's suspension of Parliament undemocratic: 46% agree, 32% disagree

Expelling 21 Tory MPs undemocratic: 45% agree, 32% disagree

No Deal bad for my family: 40% agree, 13% disagree

People voted to leave with No Deal: 22% agree

https://t.co/goG2l96eg0

Last edited:
Not been going long, but interesting so far.

ac7729f2d104f2f10c208a1cb2c172ba.jpg

And if the Brexit Party stand in all seats it will mean a split of the conservative votes and a loss of seats for them both. Win, win situation for everyone...

Laura Kuenssberg
@bbclaurak
Mogg confirms vote on early election on Monday evening - if govt doesn’t get it passed before Parliament closes next week, there can’t be an election before Oct 31st

The opposition parties will hopefully abstain/vote against it again.

My worry is that a deal of some kind was agreed last night to ensure that the Benn bill goes through the Lords.

Once the bill passes, renege on the deal. The sort of action Johnson and Cummings understand.

Seen too many times on Twitter to give credit, but is Jo Johnson's resignation the first time a politician has resigned to spend less time with their family..?

Back