• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

Luton's next two games.........home to Utd , followed by an away trip to Anfield .

Piece of cake.........

Luton's next two games.........home to Utd , followed by an away trip to Anfield .

Piece of cake.........
Given they just lost at home to Sheffield United it seems they are better as the underdog (though they'll probably lose both)

Bet365:

Sheff Utd 1/14
Burnley 1/6
Luton Evs
Nottm Forest 13/8
Everton 3/1
Crystal Palace 5/1
Brentford 14/1
Chelsea 33/1
Fulham 40/1
Bournemouth 66/1
Wolves 100/1

That's the only explanation for that one! 888 and Unibet have them at 33s too.

FWIW I think it's inconceivable that they'll get hit with anything in the next six weeks or so, and they could almost certainly deal with a 10 point deduction anyway. They'd still be above Palace right now for instance.

FWIW I think it's inconceivable that they'll get hit with anything in the next six weeks or so, and they could almost certainly deal with a 10 point deduction anyway. They'd still be above Palace right now for instance.
Oh absolutely. And, we know that even if something suddenly appeared over the horizon that they would be 'protected' due to their status in the game. Makes us laugh though!

If Forest gets a points deduction - will it happen before this season is over ?

Same with Everton - their appeal with the present deduction is being heard this month I think . However , how about a further deduction ? Will that happen this season ?

Would be applied this season I believe

Yep, punishment and appeals will be done this season.

Fair enough. Sorted before teams are officially relegated then

Yes, but could affect how teams approach their final game which is the unfair bit.

Everton should be due to hear back about their appeal in the next week or two.

Everton should be due to hear back about their appeal in the next week or two.
They have another charge hanging over them that could be implemented this season if found guilty

Back