• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

Everton get 4 points back on appeal.

Puts them above Brentford and Forest for now.

But don't they have another judgement to come this month?

I think it has to be sorted by mid-April? Same as Forest's?

I can see a hell of a lot of uncertainty off the pitch with the relegation battle. So many appeals etc to be heard, it'll be messy.

I think it has to be sorted by mid-April? Same as Forest's?

I can see a hell of a lot of uncertainty off the pitch with the relegation battle. So many appeals etc to be heard, it'll be messy.
The inevitable appeal is after the playing season has finished. Unfair on the other teams down there.

What about the 3-0 defeat at Molineux?
I'll give you that one. Since their 3-0 defeat to us on 30th Dec they've only lost to man city in the PL.

They're grinding points even if they are shit.

I don't think they can draw their way to safety and they'll probably lose more points. I don't think they've scored from open play in 2024.

7/1 is a silly price, that's why I've taken it.

Said it on the other thread they’ve got another 6 coming and will find it very hard to appeal that especially if Forest get docked as well.
Let’s not pretend this is a massive win for Everton they’ve still been docked points for breaching the rules.

Assuming Everton and Forest are docked another 6 it'd be

Luton 20 (-16)
Everton 19 (-6)
------------------------------------
Forest 18 (-14)
Burnley 13 (-33)
Sheffield United 13 (-44)

I don't think they can draw their way to safety and they'll probably lose more points. I don't think they've scored from open play in 2024.

7/1 is a silly price, that's why I've taken it.
Depends if they hold the market open until any appeal has been heard after the season ends. If it depends on that you can guarantee they will.

Said it on the other thread they’ve got another 6 coming and will find it very hard to appeal that especially if Forest get docked as well.
Let’s not pretend this is a massive win for Everton they’ve still been docked points for breaching the rules.
It's a pretty small punishment though isn't it.

Playing devil's advocate a little here, but If for example Liverpool or City got the same punishment they'd still very comfortably make the Champions League. Almost makes it worthwhile?

Back