• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

One swallow and all that, but at least a couple of rays of sunshine crept into this dark old soul.

I'm feeling slightly, just a touch more optimistic reading that GON has said there are things in the pipeline.
Now, yes, it might be a frozen turd or a huge fatball, but maybe there are some guys coming in.
Regardless of whether we sell more players or not.
YeaH!!
Can't wait.

I'm feeling slightly, just a touch more optimistic reading that GON has said there are things in the pipeline.
Now, yes, it might be a frozen turd or a huge fatball, but maybe there are some guys coming in.
Regardless of whether we sell more players or not.
YeaH!!
Can't wait.

He prefers Aaron Cresswell thank-you very much.

Burnley on 0 points, 6 conceded in 2 games and coming up:

Spurs (H)
Forest (A)
Man Utd (H)
Newcastle (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brentford (A)

Anyone see a win there? Takes you to the very end of October when they go to Bournemouth.

Shafted themselves on that front though didn't they? They had the option to reverse the fixture and said no, for whatever reason.
Not seen that anywhere, do you have a link please?

Spurs (H)
Forest (A)
Man Utd (H)
Newcastle (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brentford (A)

Anyone see a win there? Takes you to the very end of October when they go to Bournemouth.

Man Utd & Chelsea away from home are about as reliable as a train getting you to your destination on time

Spurs (H)
Forest (A)
Man Utd (H)
Newcastle (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brentford (A)

They should be targeting all three points at relegation threatened Newcastle by then. I can dream…

Spurs (H)
Forest (A)
Man Utd (H)
Newcastle (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brentford (A)

Chelsea and United are winnable games as it’s 50/50 if they turn up. Forest too.

Chelsea and United are winnable games as it’s 50/50 if they turn up. Forest too.

United didn't turn up for 135 minutes against Wolves and Forest and still won both. They don't have to turn up against Forest, Wolves and Burnley's we aren't Spurs.

United didn't turn up for 135 minutes against Wolves and Forest and still won both. They don't have to turn up against Forest, Wolves and Burnley's we aren't Spurs.
They have a striker who actually scores goals so that helps.

They have a striker who actually scores goals so that helps.
They won both those games without a striker scoring. In fact they haven't had a goal from any of their strikers yet in all three games.

I’m wondering if Alan is in some odd way referring to Forest as Amoniyi has scored in several games in a row?

It’s clear as mud with the way it appears in the post!

I’m wondering if Alan is in some odd way referring to Forest as Amoniyi has scored in several games in a row?

It’s clear as mud with the way it appears in the post!
Oops yeah I had my wires crossed there.

I must say, based on the small sample size so far I'm feeling slightly better about our staying up. After the Lop fiasco and the squad situation 17th/18th was where I had us.

I look at the table now and the other teams are either a bigger mess than us (Everton) or definitely weaker (the promoted teams). I don't think we are good enough to end up much higher, and things can still get worse given its early days but the odds/chances look better imo.

I just hope it doesn't lead to our leaders giving themselves a pat on the back and continuing this off-field shitshow.

Back