• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

Luton's fixtures:

Tottenham (A)
Arsenal (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Man City (A)
Brentford (H)
Wolves (A)
Everton (H)
West Ham (A)
Fulham (H)

I'd say they need 10-12 minimum from somewhere

Sheff Utd 1/100
Burnley 1/9
Luton 4/6
Nottm Forest 11/8
Everton 5/1
Brentford 16/1
Crystal Palace 25/1

I still think Everton are too long, they haven't won for 3 months FFS. Told you 7/1 was too long a couple of weeks ago :)

everton, without a league win since 16 december have to be concerned. If they hadn't had that bounce which was probably a reaction to the deduction, they'd be properly in the shit surely. Dyche doing an amazing job there!

Not sure I agree, even though Luton's form is awful, they are still 5 points above Burnley and 1 above Forest. The late equaliser and this deduction may well give them the shot in the arm they need.

View attachment 9931
Think you might be right about it giving Luton a bit of a lift, plus Everton are gunna ve dragged back into it. All to play for.

In Everton's possible favour is that they have to play 8 teams in the bottom half of the table with the other two being Newcastle and Arsenal.

Looked at the BBC Fixtures and the Liverpool game isn't showing - I incorrectly presumed that all of them were on there.
Was meant to be yesterday but Liverpool were busy doing a Wolves instead

It hasn't been released although is speculated as being £11m over the allowable £61m
"Nottingham Forest was referred to an independent Commission on 15 January, following an admission by the club that it had breached the relevant PSR threshold of £61 million by £34.5 million.

"Nottingham Forest was referred to an independent Commission on 15 January, following an admission by the club that it had breached the relevant PSR threshold of £61 million by £34.5 million.
So their Brennan Johnson excuse got them 2 points back by the looks of it as it just would have made them compliant, not withstanding he had no interest in signing for Brentford. Appealing would be dangerous you'd have thought.

That's where I think Everton need to be heavily questioned on this charge. You own England's goalkeeper. Ignore the stupid tropes about "T-Rex Arms" and harking back to isolated goals that weren't even scored this decade, he's an excellent keeper in his peak years with little/no remaining amortisation for PSR purposes, who would improve most PL teams and also would take a weight off the Everton wage bill if he left.

So why haven't you tried selling him. Other clubs have sold their best players to be compliant.

The 2 points back on mitigation is about as good as Forest could hope to get so an appeal is pointless.
Even if Forest are to stay up then they’re very much in sell to buy territory next season again.

I agree with second and third to last paragraphs of this. Interesting the PL wanted 8 points. Clear to me that if they have a preferred sanction they should put it in the rules of the league and get clubs to vote for it.

Seems a lot of whining about how they are special. Everyone is special in their own eyes when they break rules.

Back